Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Bad customer service.

We just bought a 2015 33' Flagstaff Superlite trailer from Paradise RV in Red Deer Alberta. We used it one weekend and towed it maybe 100 miles. We had a couple of issues with it. The stabilizers kept blowing fuses when raising them. Missing a moulding. That was minor. The big problem was something went wrong with one of the axels and the whole trailer shifted to the center of the road and it wasnt towing right. We immediately took it back to Paradise RV and you could see one of the tires was on an angle.
This happened the beginning of September. We have yet to get our trailer back. Paradise RV is saying they are waiting for the okay to fix it from Flagstaffs warranty department. We were there a couple of times when they wre trying to contact Flagstaff and they wre not successful at all. Flagstaff will NOT return their phone calls. This has gone on for 7 weeks now. I really dont understand how this can be happening. It is a brand new trailer with a problem that needs fixing.
This is the worst customer experience I have ever encountered in my life. I will never buy another Flagstaff trailer ever again and don't recommend one to anyone else. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can rememdy this problem.
Stronggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #2

this isn't a Flagstaff issue, this is normal RV service. Welcome to our world
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #3

How do you figure Davel? There should be a warranty thru the manufacture if it is brand new regardless......
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #4
DDC

Think I would be contacting Flagstaff myself, dealers are not the most reliable people after they get your money and your out the door.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #5

I was referring to the statement of them not ever buying another Flagstaff product. They are all the same. I didn't say it wasn't covered.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #6

We have owned 2 Flagstaff trailers before this one and never had any major issues so I liked the product. This is the first time we have had to deal with a major warranty problem. If this is normal RV sevice the industry has some big issues.
I have been reading the forums and got a number for the warranty department. I will phone them myself and see where that goes. The dealer said it is not an option to leave it on their lot and we cant tow it so something has to be done.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

crappy dealer!

We had zero issues with our flagstaff after 6 years of ownership.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

It is time to circumvent the dealership. You will get a much quicker response talking directly to forest river. It is not uncommon to really think the dealership tried when it turns out they haven't. It is also not uncommon for dealerships to keep trailers for really long periods of time. This is true regardless of manufacturer/brand. I knew anytime I took my old crossroads trailer into the local camping world it would be there for a minimum of 3-4 weeks for even simple repairs. It doesn't make it right or good but it us very commonplace. I feel blessed with how quickly my current dealership has handled issues for me. I have also been able to get a response from forest river customer service quickly through the website and within a day or two via email with the sabre warranty manager (and I have even been able to readily get him on the phone). Forest river has been very responsive to my many issues. I wish you luck.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #9

Bad dealership

I phoned Forest River and they phoned the dealer immediatley. Our trailer was in the shop that afternoon. It was the dealer the whole time. They use to be really good but they have had a complete turnover of all there staff. They are terrible now
Old 11-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear a phone call to FR got this sorted out. Thanks for the follow-up.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronggo View Post
I phoned Forest River and they phoned the dealer immediatley. Our trailer was in the shop that afternoon. It was the dealer the whole time. They use to be really good but they have had a complete turnover of all there staff. They are terrible now
My dealer has had 2 turn over of staff members. When I took mine in and Knew more then the repair guy that's not good. He had to read the manual first, time to find a new service company.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #12
WFD

Quote:
And you are trusting the dealer to fix it properly??? I wouldn't...I would be talking to Forest River about authorizing the repair to be done elsewhere, either a different dealer and if there are none close by then to an independent RV repair shop. Don't think this dealer will be looking out for your best interest after having received a call from the manufacturer and being told who knows what....make sure you post an appropriate review of this dealer in the review section of this forum for others to see in case they don't see it in this thread.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #13
NELA

Quote:
Please consider posting a review in the "Dealer Review" section of this forum once you have your RV back.

Glad you "took the bull by the horns" and got things moooooving!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #14

Trailer Life is a GREAT complaint resolution avenue. Give them a narrative as to what the problem is and they will contact all partiers involved and get is resolved...quickly.
Manufactures and service centers read this publication and know that a bad rap on them circulates almost worldwide.
Get a copy of the publication and submit your complaint...also send copies of your complaint letter to the service center and the manufacturer.
tyke8319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, service