Bad News For The People Next Door
This has nothing to do with camping, but how bad some peoples luck can be so count your plessings.
Last year while we were waiting for our new house to be complete two weeks prior to settlement Hurricane Irene came and dropped a tree on our camper while we were living in it, In the end we were ok but the camper was destroyed....I thought that was bad, but this nothing compared to what just happen next store.
We are in a new development of single family homes, the people next store sold there house this past summer and they started building there home two months ago. They had started the siding on the out side and just completed the sheet rock inside, the Sheet Rock Contractor had two propane heaters in the house to help dry the compound, well the unthinkable happen one of the heaters caught the master bedroom floor on fire and burnt a 4x6 foot area then the heater fell to the basement, as of today all of the sheet rock is being pulled out the insulation has been removed, some of the sub flooring has to be replaced and at this time I am not sure about the electrical or plumbing.....the owners were suppost to settle before the holidays, so how do you like this for luck........
The owner are not homeless they are living with his Mother so that is good.
I had our dog out the night before and I could smell something burning but it did not smell like wood or electrical it was more like chemical and had no idea where it was coming from and I was right infront of the house next store, now the Farmer up on the hill just toke is corn crop down and i thought he had put chemical on the ground as they some times do.
There were no flames or any kind of flickering light from the house and with no back light behine the house i could not see any smoke.
The next morning when I left for work at (4am) the odor was worst but still had no idea until my wife called me at work and said that the entire street was block with fire equipment and that is when she said that the house next store was on fire.
I must say I really fell bad for our new friends next door.