Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2015, 10:03 AM   #21

I am not sure why but I have never swerved to miss an animal, might be because I was told that swerving could kill you and no animal was worth my life.

I have damaged five vehicles over the years by hitting deer, never tried to miss them.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #22

I always try to leave a considerable distance between me and the vehicle in front. Recently I have seen reports of tires breaking loose and coming across the road from the opposite direction. Here in the Tampa bay area we have had a lot off wrong way drivers on the I75 and I4. There is not much left when two vehicles converge at 70 mph each. I also avoid driving at night.

2015 Rockwood 2703ws
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:05 AM   #23

Sometimes even staying a distance behind can have negative impact on you, driving down Don valley parkway truck in front of me was carrying load of trash unsecured, wood door flew off, up and over my truck then through windshield of late model t-bird, sad to say driver didn't go home that night, he didn't even have a chance.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I am not sure why but I have never swerved to miss an animal, might be because I was told that swerving could kill you and no animal was worth my life.

I have damaged five vehicles over the years by hitting deer, never tried to miss them.
The last time I saw another driver try to swerve to miss a deer, his reaction time was so late that the deer was actually about to cross clear of the vehicle but he swerved right into the rear end of the deer as it passed. Had to call the Sheriff to come out and put it out of its misery.
Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #25
(Dry Huunday)

Sad. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #26
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
So sad.... so sorry for your loss and their families loss.
Be safe out there y'all.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote