Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #1

Be safe

IMAGES: Route 30 Crash Scene - Photos - WGAL The Susquehanna Valley truck and travel trailer flip, safty chains held toghether
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
Jas

not good. From the captions and pics it looks like a bigger TT but they had a good hitch, were not speeding and had a fairly large TV. Just goes to show that even when you do everything right you can still get burned. Thankfully they all got out of it alive.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #3

Oh thank the Lord for the safety of that family. I have goosebumps.

About 4 years ago, my grandmother, my uncle, his wife and their 4 kids were in an Excursion hauling a 31 ft TT. He flipped and rolled the entire rig. I have no idea what went wrong but every last person got out with minor injuries. Course both vehicles were trashed on the road and my grandmother was covered in potato salad during her ER visit...but they all survived.

Makes me nervous when I see things like that.
2005 Rockwood Premier 1904 SOLD
2001 Keystone Cabana 17 ft hybred SOLD
2000 Trail-lite Bantam 21 ft hybred INS LOSS
crazyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #4

Happy to hear that all were ok and that is amazing, howerver something went wrong, it may not be a mechanical problem, it could have been a family issue in the tow vehicle and the driver may have lost his concertration and not knowing how long they have been on the road the driver may have dozed off.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
it could have been a family issue in the tow vehicle and the driver may have lost his concertration .
A few years ago when my brother got his 5er, he asked me for a pic I had of the remains of a TT from an accident on I-75 between Chat' & Atlanta.

When I gave it to him, he showed it to my nephew who was about 7 @ the time. My brother says to the little guy, "This is what happens if Dad gets distracted when he's towing the trailer."

Glad to hear the folks involved escaped w/ minor injuries.

I've seen 3 accidents over the years involving TTs & the 1 on I-75 appeared to be the worst. Similiar accident east of Jasper on the Yellowhead in Alberta where a Grand Cherokee & the TT were on their side across the highway. Highway was straight, but on a slight down grade.

The 3rd was on the ramp from I-465 to I-69 in NE Indy. The TT was on it's side & everything had gone thru the roof. You basically could see the floorplan of the TT. More than likely going too fast for the ramp.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote