Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I do know that just about every home-town mattress company will make a custom mattress for an RV with just about any type of spring or foam you want. Customized to your desired level of comfort and usually a lot less money than what you'd think.
After our first trip in our 2011 Georgetown, we went to a local matress manufacturer to get a replacement but couldn't get one from them. They didn't have any short queen sized matresses and told us that they couldn't make one for us because, as a new product for them, they would need to have the product pass flammability certification tests. These included actually setting one or two on fire.

This seemed strange to me because they could build a short queen using the same materials as one of their other certified matresses and I found it hard to believe that shortening the matress by a few inches would make a "different" product.

I guess they just didn't want my business.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #82

There are almost no hometown mattress makers anymore that will make a custom size mattress. Sad but progress........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #83

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510Rick View Post
I feel like its almost criminal how terrible the beds are in these RV's . We are going to try an air mattress with a memory foam on top . I cant see how it could be worse the the garbage our trailer came with . I was wondering if anyone else has gone this route and how did it work out for them ?
I am kind of picky about my mattress, so I agree with you. I like a more cushiony mattress, so before I even picked up my trailer from the dealer, I bought a 3" Sealy mattress topper on sale at Kohls. Costco had one I wanted as well, but it didn't come in full-size. Anyway, I'm very happy with the purchase and I sleep pretty good!

By the way, my brother bought a Forest River motorhome, and he too bought a mattress topper for their bed; he was the one who warned me about the lousy mattresses! Bev
Bev4banff53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #84

We went with the factory upgrade to a memory foam queen in our Sunseeker 3010DS. It was a minor cost upgrade and is as comfortable as the memory foam we have at home. Happy with h our decision to go that route!
Lazy Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #85

we like our mattress, we also put a foam topper on it and it is very comfortable

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinduff View Post
My Puma came with barely above hay bales for a mattress, but some come with really nice gel foam mattresses. You gotta pay to play I guess.
Same here, that is why I did not complain to the company, I just tossed it and bought a good one.
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:43 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTravis View Post
I'm close to your size, and we bought a Zinus 8 inch memory foam off Amazon, and are sleeping so much better. Our new trailer came with a nice Serta spring mattress, which we can't sleep on. Our old 2014 trailer came with a memory foam junk mattress, we put a topper on and still weren't happy.

So far I'm pretty happy with the Zinus and it wasn't expensive at all (we paid $180 for a full size queen 8 inch).

We got the Zinus from Amazon as well. Extremely happy with the upgrade.
prestonj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #88

We love our Parklane Explorer short queen (made in Oregon, USA) innerspring mattress. It's firm, but that's what we like.
Npmathis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, beds