Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2016, 03:52 PM   #1

Bent Bigfoot Leveling Pin

We were getting ready to head out from our last trip and when we retracted the levelers they all came up but the motor keep running so I turned the system (big foot) off. When we started to leave, it started beeping which I assumed meant that it tough one was down. We then pulled off the road I disconnected the wall control panel from the power. I called bigfoot Tech support and they said it is probably a bent pin and it just need to be straightened, he said be careful. So today I lowered the levelers and tried to straighten the pin which is bent and I can't move it so is there a trick to straightening it or is a special tool needed. I seemed like he though we could do it? Thanks - Steve
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:47 AM   #2

I had a bent pin, and had to unplug the switch to stop the beeping. you can still use the jacks, just be sure that all of them are up.You can remove the switch, and see if you can straighten it out. If not you'll have to replace the switch. To stop the beeping just unplug the 2 wires at the switch. It takes about 10 mins to replace the switch. I had my dealer to send me one and replaced it myself, just to keep from driving an hour to them.
What MH do you have?
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:33 AM   #3

Bent limit switch

We have a 2016 sunseeker 2869ds- thanks
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bent, leveling