Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #1

Best camping chair this side of a lazyboy

I purchased a Strongback Elite folding chair 2 months ago. I have used it on 5 outings so far. I love it and everyone that tries it out loves it too. So far 2 friends have purchased their own, and I am glad because they will not be sitting in mine anymore. Just got another for the wife when we go south for the winter.

Amazon.com : Strongback Elite Folding Camp Chair with Ergonomic Lumbar Support, Heavy Duty, Black and Grey : Sports & Outdoors

I normally do not care for this style of foldup chair preferring the director chair types, but this one is different. We now have two of these and two anti-gravity lounges for our travels. I believe we will be happy and comfortable campers, as we do spend most of our time outside rather than inside.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #2

Do you like this better than the zero gravity chairs? I just purchased zero gravity chairs to go on our new trailer, so far they seem to be the best we have found. I think I may try one of the fold-up chairs as well.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #3

even when sitting upright the zero gravity chairs sit you back somewhat instead of upright... way too easy to slide all the way back and take a nap! These are also easier to get in and out of then the zero-gravity as they have strong and stable arm rests to push off on.

What makes them comfortable is the built-in back support that is not visible in the picture...
Quote:
Patented technology represents an evolution of the traditional camp chair by adding exclusive, frame-integrated, lumbar support - all while maintaining the ease of use, light weight and portability people expect and appreciate in portable chairs.
Padded, ergonomic back support design allows you to relax against the comfortable lumbar support while preventing the uncomfortable leg-pinch from the fabric in the front of the seat that is common in many other chairs.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
Always Learning

I've heard nothing but good about these. I think I might finally bite the bullet and buy one or two!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 PM   #5

We picked up one of these early in the season:

GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker Chair - REI.com

We love this chair. I think we got it at Dicks Sporting Goods for about $50. Great for just relaxing and talking with friends or sitting around the fire. But one thing we really loved it for was rocking the kid to sleep at night.

-- 2017 Ford F150 FX4/Lariat
-- 3.5L EcoBoost w/ 10 Speed & Max Tow
-- 2016 Salem Hemisphere Lite 27BH
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #6

Read the reviews on Amazon before you stroke the plastic!
Old 07-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #7

Do you like this better than the zero gravity chairs? I just purchased zero gravity chairs to go on our new trailer, so far they seem to be the best we have found. I think I may try one of the fold-up chairs as well.

We have those as well. The only complaint is heavy and awkward. But very comfortable.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:12 PM   #8

We love the club chair from Camping World. Costco has them for less. With these chairs both our little guys can sit in my lap or along side me. The chair is cozy enough to nap in as well.
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
dudleydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #9

I love the term, "zero gravity" for beds and chairs. I thought that only occurred in outer space and I wonder what Sir Isaac Newton would say if someone offered him one.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
That was nice that you got your wife a chair so you wouldn't have to give yours up.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:06 PM   #11

I just tried a neighbor's zero gravity recliner & fell in love. DH hates our old Coleman canvas recliners because the foot rests don't retract, and he trips over them when tending the campfire. He pushed me to try the zero gravity. He also likes that they fold flat, and I like that too. I got two on sale at Walmart online for $84.90, free shipping, and no tax (can't figure that one out). As for falling asleep in them, isn't that the point?

Tags
camping