Old 09-09-2016, 05:00 PM   #21
I'll toss my two cents in. We have been very happy with Liberty Mutual.

2016 Grey Wolf 24RK
2014 Nissan Titan

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:19 PM   #22
Progressive with full replacement cost. I also have my Motorcycle with them. Very easy to work with. That and Flo is HOT!!!!!

Retired Fire Dept Battalion Chief
2016 Ever-Lite 232RBS
2012 F150 FX4 W/Max tow & Ecoboost

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #23
We had Progressive for our cars until we had to make our first claim. What a nightmare. Will never go back to progressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2017 Forester MBS 2401S
Keithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #24
Be careful when believing all RV insurance is the same. Our regular carrier did indeed carry rv insurance, which I used for many years, untill I started asking what is covered under an accident. It seems the rv itself and whatever was built on it was covered but none of the personal items inside. Items such as a tv added, cd player, clothes, kitchen items and etc. Absolutely nothing that was not mounted from the factory was covered. Needless to say I now have National General (Good Sam recommended) that will cover up to a certain dollar amount of personal items. Just glad I never had an accident with the carrier I was using to find out such things.
2006 Wildwood 22FBS
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
Tanddhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #25
Progressive....they handle RV insursnce for USAA members....FYI
jeitel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:10 PM   #26
Global Nomad
GEICO for the RV

Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
We have used Geico for our autos for 20 years, and now have our MH covered with them.
I am considering GEICO to cover my 5th wheel and TV. Have you had any claims with them?

I was using National General. Someone hit my truck (missed the RV) The claim representative was two time zones away. Made it difficult to coordinate repair facility with Claims Rep when I couldn't even call them till mid morning.
Steven J. Scheinin
2015 RAM 3500 4X4
6.7L CTD Dually pulling a
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #27
Have been with USAA since 1966. If you have served in the military, it is the way to go. Rates are competitive, coverage is top-notch, and twice each year I receive rebate checks that often top $1200.00.
Jakie-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #28
I am a Legacy (since 1973) and so is my wife. Both our fathers retired from the service.
jeitel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:50 PM   #29
King of the Road
Foremost for full timing in my RV. Safeco for all else.
2016 Crusader Lite
Single slide

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tow Vehicle
Dano1955 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:28 AM   #30
USAA is a non-profit Insurance Company that was formed initially to address the needs of commissioned officers in all branches of military service for affordable auto insurance. When it turned out that this group of customers proved to be an extremely low risk demographic - military officers tend to be responsible citizens despite the perception that they are in high risk occupations - USAA expanded their coverage to enlisted members of the military services. Those additional members have shown that USAA's decision was a wise one.

When I first applied for USAA insurance on my two vehicles, the agent asked my rank and duty station. I replied: LTJG US Navy; I'm on my way to Vietnam with the Bomb Squad, aka EOD Teams. There was a brief silence, then a loud "OK!! You go - and come back - we've got your assets covered."

Jakie-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote