Old 09-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #41
Global Nomad
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
When a woman T-boned my daughter in my car, it was totaled (she is fine, doesn't recall the accident though), and Geico handled everything. Even gave us $5 grand for pain and suffering to boot. They were very helpful and professional. Geico is in San Diego, but they insure all over the US.
I used GEICO for my car before I bought RV and truck, but I was persuaded by Good Sam ads that they do not cover contents of RV, but expect your homeowners to do so. I will give GEICO a call this week.

Steven J. Scheinin
2015 RAM 3500 4X4
6.7L CTD Dually pulling a
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #42
I am going to call Geico too, just to confirm my coverage. I admit that I didn't read over the papers when they came in the mail with the card. I don't recall the phone conversation when I called to add the MH to our policy. However, if contents coverage is not there, and it would greatly increase premiums, I would likely opt not to have it.

ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:42 AM   #43
Whatever you do, ask questions and read the policy. Inform the agency if you full-time. There are specific policies for full-timers that include additional coverages such as - contents, temporary housing. A few dollars for appropriate coverage can save a lot of heartache.

Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote