Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatnut View Post
ok, I have the rockwood with the Murphy bed. It's a "short queen". what are my options for this unusual size?
Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more

Amazon.com: short queen mattress topper

Or buy any topper you like and cut it down to fit the way you want.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
Forest River Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatnut View Post
ok, I have the rockwood with the Murphy bed. It's a "short queen". what are my options for this unusual size?
All 3 levels of Serta mattresses that we sell are available in a short queen. The Crosspoint is an entry level upgrade, the Thunderbay would be a mid-level upgrade and then the Metropolitan Trump would be a premium upgrade. Descriptions are below, please private message me if you'd like pricing information

Serta Metropolitan Trump
Fireblocker - revolutionary fiber designed to meet and exceed fire retardant laws

Body Loft - comfort pad designed to provide the most comfortable nights sleep

1/2" Layer of Comfort Foam - 1.2lb density soft foam designed to give a gentle cradling effect

3" Convoluted Foam Topper - foam designed to relieve pressure points for a better nights sleep

800 Coil Foam Encased Free Flex Innerspring - high coil count for superior support and durability while keeping your body in proper spinal alignment for maximum benefit

10 year warranty

Serta Thunderbay
1/2" Layer of Fiber Fill - loosely woven fiber designed to offer a soft touch feel

Fireblocker - revolutionary fiber designed to meet and exceed fire retardant laws

1/2" Super Soft Foam - 1.2lb foam designed to cradle your body

3" Foam Topper - high density foam designed with comfort and durability in mind

Bonnell Innerspring - 390 coil count Bonnell innerspring with barrel like support springs for proven support and durability

1 year warranty

Serta Crosspoint
1/2" Layer of Fiber Fill - loosely woven fiber designed to offer a soft touch feel

Visco Elastic Memory Foam - 5.5lb memory foam designed to cradle your body and relieve pressure for a better, sounder nights sleep

4.5" High Density Polyurethane Foam Core

1 year warranty
FRAcessories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #23

what are the prices and overall thicknesses of the above???
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #24

Try Ikea. We just replaced are crappy spring Serta with a firm foam mattress for just under $600.00. Slept great for the rest of our trip.
RamLab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamLab2 View Post
Try Ikea. We just replaced are crappy spring Serta with a firm foam mattress for just under $600.00. Slept great for the rest of our trip.
does Ikea sell the short queen?'

wish this was in my budget!

Amazon.com: Ultimate Dreams EuroTop Short Queen RV Latex Mattress.: Home & Kitchen
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #26

We purchased a 3" memory foam topper several years ago from Fingerhutt and have been moving it from camper to camper as we upgraded. It still is very comfortable, and not hot.. I bought a full queen and didn't cut it down. I like the extra length so I don't have to worry about my feet hanging off. Memory foam is great.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #27

@boatnut not sure, but here is the link to the one we bought.
MYRBACKA Latex mattress - Full - IKEA
RamLab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #28

I have a buddy that owns a large mattress store. The industry is switching over to a hybrid inner spring/elastomeric foam mattress. And they're very expensive.

Of course, you can always spend even more on the big name air mattresses with foam on top.

My wife has stomach problems, and I bought her a Leggett and Platt Prodegy adjustable bed--with built in Magic Fingers. She absolutely loves the 11" gel/elastomeric mattress we got from BedInABox.com--the best value anywhere in a mattress. All in all, it was right at $2K delivered.

Our problem is getting the grandkids out of the bed. My wife tries to sleep north and south, where the kids fall down in the valley and sleep east and west. Then she runs me out of my bed, and I have to go to another bedroom.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote