Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2018, 11:23 PM   #1

Best place to get good tires at a descent price ??

Looking for the best price for good tires ?
Old 05-14-2018, 11:31 PM   #2

look for Goodyear Endurance on the Goodyear website
they frequently have sales
you can do entire transaction online even schedule an appointment to install at any of the GY stores

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:48 PM   #3

I am buying tomorrow the Endurance Load Range E for my boat trailer from Discount Tire. These tires replace "Grand Ride" load range "D" tires, which I may move my TT. The TT only have OEM load range "C" tires.
I thought the price at Discount Tire was good.
Ram 2500 4x4 diesel / FR 251rks
Tuff Trailer for my 26' fishing boat.
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:52 PM   #4
2012 Solera

Signature line shows op has a Georgetown Motorhome. I believe the Goodyear Endurance is a trailer tire.
I've used Costco and Tirerack.com. At a minimum, you can get a reference price that way. I think Tirerack has most popular brands.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:37 AM   #5

I have used discount tire online for my last HD truck tire purchase....they also stock many popular trailer tires at good prices including Goodyear and maxxis brands. This weekend they are doing 100 off a set of four in the form of a gift card.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #6

I priced around for some time. I wanted Goodyear Endurance RSA ULT, but the places that could install them were too far from me or wanted to high of a price.
I priced Goodyear, Hankook AH-35, Sanyo, M-143, and a Yokohama tire but couldn't find the 16 ply, H load range tire in the Yokohama tire.
Several shops said they could put the tires on, but after visiting the shops I wasn't sure they could do the job. I also needed a safety inspection and to have my front bearings repacked.
I got the best price on the Goodyear tires from the local Ford Dealer, but they couldn't lift the Motorhome to change the tires or do the work. An over the road Trucking repair shop that I have used before gave me a good price on the Hankook tires so the MH is in the shop right now having the work done and tires installed.

Also asked about the code date before having them installed. Don't let them install tires that are very old.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #7
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

When I bought new tires for my 5'ver a couple of months back I was going to buy tires from one of the online retailers...

Problem I ran into was that most of the tire shops in Denver wouldn't allow me to have them shipped there and also refused to mount tires that they didn't sell.

And the ones that would let me do this I probably wouldn't let them touch my RV!

I think that this is going to start happening more and more as local shops are loosing their business to the internet.

Maybe what we'll see next is Amazon tire stores...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:34 PM   #8

I just used Sam's Club to do my Goodyear Endurance tires last month. They were a dollar more per tire than buying direct from Goodyear and even had the $80 off per 4 tires offered through Goodyear directly. 5 tires arrived in less than 24 hours. Pulled my wheels off, dropped them off, shopped and ate a pizza with my daughter in the store and they were done in about an hour with steel valve stems installed. Happy camper (pun intended).
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #9

I have an acquaintance who says he saved $600.00 on a set of tires for his MH with a discount offered to FMCA members. I believe they were Michelins. Might be worth looking into. YMMV.
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:30 PM   #10

Regardless of where you buy your new tires, don't let just anybody handle the removal and re-installation of your wheels. High volume tire shops rarely deal with travel trailers and might not be familiar with proper jacking techniques. A miss-placed jack could easily bend an axle or cause other damage. When I had my new tires installed I pulled the wheels off myself and tossed them in the back of my truck. Fortunately I had enough heavy duty jack stands supporting the frame to do the job safely, this is definitely not something you want to do without the right knowledge or equipment.
Regardless of where you go, just make sure the technicians know what they're doing.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:23 PM   #11

DavidBo is right, I watch the tire guy install my new tires and quickly corrected where is placed the jack.
Ram2500 diesl / FR251rks
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:27 PM   #12

Just ordered 4 Goodyear Endurance 205/75/14 load range D for our 2104s mini lite. 92.00 ea. with free shipping from Simple Tire on Ebay.
Malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:44 PM   #13

Just purchased five Goodyear Endurance ST205/75/14’s

Removed the tires myself, two at a time took them to local Discount tire store.
They mounted, installed new metal valves, balanced all five.
They offered a $60 rebate in form on Visa prepaid debit card.
Plan on selling the five Castle Rock take offs for $120
Hope someone can use them for a utility trailer. (Around 3000 miles on them)

Tires, valves, balancing, tax total $657.49

Less $60 debit card equals $119.50 each, if I sell the take off’s will be $95.50 each
TCedmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires