Originally Posted by LandJ
We have reservations in a state park this weekend and they're calling for 2 inches of rain on Saturday. It's just me and DW... not sure what to do.
I'm kinda new at this, should I go anyway and hope the forecast is wrong, or cancel??? It's supposed to rain on Sunday, too, so we'll have to pack up wet and in the rain.
I'm leaning towards going, but what would you do?
I guess the $1000 dollar question is do you enjoy getting WET?
To some folks the rain is a mere distraction, to others they hate it, in any way, shape, or form.
Been there, done that too many times to mention when we were tent campers. But also being as we were kids then it didn't bother us getting drenched in the rain. It was just a fun day in the rain. Nowadays, it's a different story. A little rain is okay. 2" as you indicate, that's a bit much. And another factor is that you don't know if it's going to be 2" of downpour or a steady rain. As others have said be prepared for what comes.
On a good note, this would give you a chance to check out the camper for any signs of leaks, etc.
When we are planning an outing and the weatherman is forecasting rain, we keep an eye on the percentages. When usually under or about 50%, we are going. Weatherman so often gets it wrong! AND then again, sometimes not!
Our motto is, if we can't go this weekend we will go next weekend. We too have had to cancel our prepaid reservations due to the weather, that we were so looking forward to. But to me, the days of getting caught in any substantial amount of rain ( if I can help it ) are over. As I say, a little rain is good, but a lot of rain.....and we are diverting our plans. And having a pet along ( big pet ) is another factor for us.
Keep tabs on that forecast. Maybe the weatherman will come through for you.