Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #41

On the other side of the coin, I have a neighbor that plays the (I did get my package game ) so that he always gets two of everything or gets it free, always complains. Funny thing he always has bad things happen to him...... I often enjoy Karma doing the right thing ��
dalenelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #42

Of the last 11 items I ordered I found a fast search the best way. 9 of the 11 were found for less from others, 1 was the same exact cost, and one was slightly less on Amazon, but ordered from another for a little extra. All included shipping if there was any. Plus no $100 annual fee.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #43

A lot of times I check out Amazon for the reviews and usually I can find the same product cheaper somewhere or at Walmart. I have Amazon Prime and sometimes I find myself buying from Amazon just for that
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:02 PM   #44

You did not intentionally defraud them. You made an honest attempt to notify them of THEIR error. They chose not to fix it. Keep the item and the refund.
Bryan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #45
mgg

Do something better with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
It seems that the larger the company the dumber it gets.

My story starts with the ordering of some kitchen items I plan on giving to my soon to be daughter-in-law for Christmas. Four separate pieces on three separate orders. I placed the order(s) with no problem and they arrived just as indicated with one exception. The driver delivered 3 of the four items at one time and then came back a couple hours later with the fourth item. Apparently overlooked it in her truck and found it just as she was returning to base.

Now the fun begins. I kept seeing notices from Amazon in my e-mail apologizing for the delay, saying that the items I ordered were delayed and "we are working on it". This went on for three days and then the messages started saying "Undeliverable, contact us for replacement or refund. Puzzled as I have already boxed the items and am ready to wrap them for Christmas.

I figure that they've had a glitch in their system, most likely the driver's scanner (or perhaps the driver) malfunctioned and didn't report the packages as delivered. I decided to contact Amazon and tell them I have the packages. Of course there is no phone number to do this, you have to go through the process of reporting a problem with the item online and you then get a series of selections. I selected the one that said "I've received my order" or something like that. That led to a "Chat" with a computer. I finally told the "computer" I would only talk to a human and left my phone number.

20 minutes of explaining that I HAVE the items I ordered and they could clear their records and finally I THOUGHT I had it solved.

Three more days of notices that "we're working on getting your order to you' and then today I get an e-mail saying "We've refunded your account (Credit Card) for the (amount of purchase)".

Here's my dilemma. I have received the merchandise and it appears that I will also receive the money I paid for it. I have this "honesty gene" that tells me I should be paying for what I get but I'm up against the largest retailer in the World, their Computer, and some of the dumbest customer service people I have ever encountered (and yes, there was a language issue).

What to do? Keep everything and just keep shaking my head or once again contact them and try to explain how they screwed up?

All that money at Amazon, owned by the Worlds richest man, and they can't seem to "buy a brain". Neither electronic nor human.

What's strange is that I never saw this with Sears and yet Sears is the one going bankrupt.
Keep the money and pay it forward to someone!
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:25 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgg View Post
Keep the money and pay it forward to someone!
X2.

You've tried and by now, it's costing them more money to rectify the mistake than to write off the transaction. I'm a big believer in 'paying it forward.'
Old 12-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #47

Amazon screw ups..

I had Amazon packages that say were delivered with a picture and that was not my house! I contacted them, they sent a replacement and afterwards a neighbor delivered my MIS-Delivered package. I didn't call them, so now I have 2 of the same items. I'm not sweating it, They delivered it to the wrong house, Not me!
SLU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:11 AM   #48

Years ago my wife ordered an Xbox 360 with some extras from Walmart for our kids Christmas. The extras showed up but the Xbox didn't. The reason she ordered it was for one game my kids wanted to play and just as it would happen, the game was also released for the computer. We waited for over a week but no Xbox. Called UPS and they couldn't find it. Walmart finally issued us a refund. Three months later a package was delivered to my wife's sister who lives a couple houses down the street and it was for us. It was the Xbox. We kept it.
2000 F250 CC SD V10 4X4 8' bed, 4:30 gears, SCT X3
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 - Lots of GT mods
1965 Mustang Coupe I6, 3 spd. manual
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Funeral Car (Ghostbusters ECTO)
kc5mhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:47 AM   #49
D W

I wouldn't fret over it. This happens with Amazon all the time. They deal in massive world-wide volumes of merchandise. Any loses they sustain are factored into their operation. Look at it this way, Jeff Bezos didn't become the richest man in the world because of a defective business model.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #50

Read this twice and still wondering what this has to do with travel trailers.
jaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
I also have the honesty gene.. However I also have the, " How much time do I need to spend to fix someone elses mistake and how valuable is my time" gene..

x2
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybe View Post
Read this twice and still wondering what this has to do with travel trailers.
Nothing- It might have been better posted in the off topic forum but .... it's a little late now!

FWIW- I've had a similar thing happen to me with Wal-Mart.
Once for a backyard wooden play set worth .... $400 or so. Their freight contractor delivered it to my home instead of to the store as it was supposed to.
I'm happy!!
Several weeks later I get a "do not reply" email that said they noticed I did not pick up my item and they were refunding my money. I didn't believe it but sure enough, I got a refund to my credit card a few days later. It took me about 20 minutes of searching and I finally got a phone number to someone who was able to transfer me to a top level supervisor in Bentonville AR. They listened and when I said they should re-charge me they thanked me and did.

Then a couple weeks ago I got a double order of some flashlights and electric toothbrushes. Total around $40. I just decided to keep the extras and let it go.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote