Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
Originally Posted by dilgerc View Post
Wow 6 bikes between your pickup and trailer? That's amazing. Would love to see pics sometime.
I don't have any pics of my truck, but this is basically what it looks like. My bikes sit higher so they don't interfere with the hitch or the trailer jack.
Attached Images

Dave & Jill
2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost
2012 Surveyor SV-294
2 kids, one dog (a Golden)
Let's go camping!
Triathletedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
When we had a trailer, I used a bike rack on the ladder that held 2 bikes. It worked well. When our trailer was destroyed in a crash (rolled on its side), the only thing that survived was the bike rack and bikes--still attached to the ladder.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
have you considered mounting a hitch in front of the truck ? and have the bikes in front ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
There are a few different options here. If want to carry the bikes on the trailer, you could try an over the propane tank rack....check here: Arvika Looks like they also make a rack for the front of a 5th wheel trailer. These would not work on a V-Nose trailer. The other trailer option would be to carry the bikes inside the trailer. I would not consider carrying the bikes on the back of the trailer, either by a bumper mount or ladder rack a viable option.....there is just too much bouncing around back there, and you can't keep tabs of your bikes.

Personally, I like the bikes on the tow vehicle. That way if we are camping somewhere, the bikes are already mounted if I need to carry my bikes somewhere to a bike path. With a SUV, a roof mount would work. With a truck, in or above the bed for a bumper pull trailer, or an above cab rack if a 5th wheel trailer is being pulled. The last option would be a front receiver hitch mount for either an SUV or truck, but you would have to be sure that the bikes don't block the headlights.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #15
Thanks for all the great ideas guys. It looks like we will prob wind up putting the bikes inside the trailer if we want to take them along.

dilgerc is offline   Reply With Quote

bike, bike rack