Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #1

Bitter water

When I hook up water in Ga State Parks the water makes tea and coffee taste bitter any ideas what might be the problem hoses and camper are new only been camping 4 times.

Mickey Moto
Mickey Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #2

Dasani.

Are you filtering it?
Did you sanitize the water tank and lines after dewinterizing?
Are you sure you opened all the low point drains and water faucets and all the A/F has been flushed out?
Could it just be the water you are using?
Old 04-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #3

A new hose will/can give a smell and taste. I don't use the white hose that is supposed to be okay. Always leak after a couple of hook ups.

If all knew stuff( camper & hose). Just buy gallon waster for a while. And most obvious the water itself might be that way. Especially well water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #4

We have one filter for at the outlet, the white hose, another interior filter & then a Brita pitcher for all drinking water, including coffee & dogs... Overkill I know but I drink a lot of water to balance all the beer ;-)

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Moto View Post
When I hook up water in Ga State Parks the water makes tea and coffee taste bitter any ideas what might be the problem hoses and camper are new only been camping 4 times.

Mickey Moto
West Marine sells a product that is called sweet water. It will take all taste out and clean your lines at the sametime. It might help to get rid of the rubber hose taste for sure....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Are you filtering it?
Did you sanitize the water tank and lines after dewinterizing?
Are you sure you opened all the low point drains and water faucets and all the A/F has been flushed out?
Could it just be the water you are using?
I do use filter but I live in Florida I haven't put any A/F in and I did drain the low point drain. haven't sanitize the tank but I have never used my fresh water tank. Thanks for the reply
Mickey Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
We have one filter for at the outlet, the white hose, another interior filter & then a Brita pitcher for all drinking water, including coffee & dogs... Overkill I know but I drink a lot of water to balance all the beer ;-)
X's 2 Not over kill we do the same...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #8

We have had water taste issues in the past. We now only use bottled water to drink or make coffee. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water