Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #1

Black Label Edition Now Available on Grey Wolf Also

Some of you may be aware that the upgraded "Black Label" trim has been available on the Cherokee Wolf Pup models for some time. However, the Cherokee Grey Wolf models did not have that trim available. Well, it is now. I have a new Grey Wolf 26rr on order and I ordered the gel coat fiberglass sides. As it turns out, the manufacturer discontinued providing the gel coat sides on newly constructed the Grey Wolf models unless the Black Label Edition package is ordered. This package provides many other upgrades such as upgraded mattress, voltage meter, battery disconnect, upgraded blinds, frameless windows, aluminum rims, etc. Fortunately for me, I am supposedly getting the upgrae to the Black Label package at no additional charge because I was not informed about it before I was quoted a price for my unit to be ordered.

If you are curious about what the Black Label upgrades look like, I found one Grey Wolf 26rr unit on the internet (link is below) that has the package. Again, this has been available on the Wolf Pup for some time but this is new to the Grey Wolf. I hope this helps someone who is contemplating what to order. We will probably start seeing them on more dealer lots soon.

https://www.dakotadiscountrv.com/rap...-750321519.htm
wingscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Is it aluminum framed or the wood framing that the aluminum sided Grey Wolf's have?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #3

As far as I know, it is still a wood frame not aluminum.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #4

Nice looking unit, and nice upgrades. I am struck by the exterior pics, though. Seems like very few windows.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2pfunk View Post
Nice looking unit, and nice upgrades. I am struck by the exterior pics, though. Seems like very few windows.
Probably has to do with the fact that the entire rear of the unit opens up to a rear ramp party deck for outside entertainment. I agree that a window on the rear portion of the awning side would be nice though.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingscene View Post
Probably has to do with the fact that the entire rear of the unit opens up to a rear ramp party deck for outside entertainment. I agree that a window on the rear portion of the awning side would be nice though.
Yeah. I'm not really familiar with the bumper toy hauler setups. Something about the door with no window just wierds me out... Nice camper, though.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:58 PM   #7
My First Toy Hauler

Color Choice

So you are saying that if I want to go in and order the gel coat siding on say 22R or 27R the only color choice will be the Black Label package? I may be in the process of ordering a Grey Wolf soon and I was wondering what my color choices would be. I have seen lots of browns and a few new silvers in the metal sides, white with the gel coat. Do I have any other options?

Could you also share a ballpark $$$ number for this Black Label Edition option? I am kind of partial to the gel coat sides. My old 2007 W&P still holds a pretty decent shine after 12/13 years. Seems to me to be a lot more solid, I could dribble a basketball down the side with zero ill effects. Try that on the metal sided models.

I found this 2020 online but it is not the Black Label. I think the hard siding really dresses them up. https://www.lakeshore-rv.com/inv/202...Bourdon-27941/
First Toy Hauler USS Charleston LKA-113 1973-1977 HT-2 "R" Division
Rednight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:31 PM   #8

I expected the Black Label edition to come with a case of this:

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:52 PM   #9
My First Toy Hauler

Gel coat vs Metal siding CCC

[QUOTE=rockfordroo;2179855]I expected the Black Label edition to come with a case of this:

Do they still brew that! It has been many many years.....

Another question maybe somebody can answer. Does the gel coat siding affect the CCC vs the metal siding?
Old 09-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednight View Post
So you are saying that if I want to go in and order the gel coat siding on say 22R or 27R the only color choice will be the Black Label package? I may be in the process of ordering a Grey Wolf soon and I was wondering what my color choices would be. I have seen lots of browns and a few new silvers in the metal sides, white with the gel coat. Do I have any other options?

Could you also share a ballpark $$$ number for this Black Label Edition option? I am kind of partial to the gel coat sides. My old 2007 W&P still holds a pretty decent shine after 12/13 years. Seems to me to be a lot more solid, I could dribble a basketball down the side with zero ill effects. Try that on the metal sided models.

I found this 2020 online but it is not the Black Label. I think the hard siding really dresses them up. https://www.lakeshore-rv.com/inv/202...Bourdon-27941/
I am not reallysure what the Black Label edition option costs because as I said it was kinda thrown in on my order after the basic gel coat option was eliminated. Based on what the gel coat option was going to cost, I would guess it would be around a $2k option at MSRP. Of course, dealers vary greatly on what they actually charge when it comes actual charges v/s MSPR.

I saw your link and agree that the units look better with the gel coat. I too fisrt became seriously interested in the gel coat after seeing a online from the same Michigan dealer that you provided the link to.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:44 PM   #11
My First Toy Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingscene View Post
I am not reallysure what the Black Label edition option costs because as I said it was kinda thrown in on my order after the basic gel coat option was eliminated. Based on what the gel coat option was going to cost, I would guess it would be around a $2k option at MSRP. Of course, dealers vary greatly on what they actually charge when it comes actual charges v/s MSPR.

I saw your link and agree that the units look better with the gel coat. I too fisrt became seriously interested in the gel coat after seeing a online from the same Michigan dealer that you provided the link to.
Well if this is your first experience with the hard side I am sure that you will be pleased. It is flat so things just fit better and smaller gaps to seal. It likes regular washings and a good waxing at least once a year. I just use regular paste wax and a buffer. Some users like the petroleum based liquid in the orange bottles. I was always a little apprehensive using that over the decals.

Like any of them you have to make regular inspections on all sealed joints. I think that the newer composite construction panels are more resistant to water damage. One of the mfg's used a product called Adzel and they had a good informative drawing showing how the panels are constructed. I am confidant that Forrest River is using a similar cladding in their process.

Stuff sticks to it good! The cheap peel and stick on hooks can be very useful for keeping your party lights neat. Add a hook or two by the outside shower and waste water ports to hang your towels. I suppose some of those suction cup holders would work fine, I probably wouldn't use one.

Well I am stoked for you man. I would like to see pictures when it comes in. I am in the trading process right now and I am am closing in on a new one. I am smitten with both the 24PACK14+ and the 25RRT optioned out and it is a tough decision justifying how much room and ccc I really need.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:58 PM   #12

Congratulations. We ordered a 22RR Black Label on 8/30 and are anxiously awaiting is arrival. I too was wanting the gel coat version, but was told it was no longer available and being replaced by the Black Label package. I hope to have it by mid-October.
mrose000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose000 View Post
Congratulations. We ordered a 22RR Black Label on 8/30 and are anxiously awaiting is arrival. I too was wanting the gel coat version, but was told it was no longer available and being replaced by the Black Label package. I hope to have it by mid-October.
Ours was supposed to be in the dealer's lot by the second week of this month but there was a delay. The new anticipated on the lot date is by the end of this week. Hopefully, that will prove to be true. We will have to compare notes and share pictures when both of us receive our units.

Thanks for the post.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:31 AM   #14

Finally got the unit at the end of last month. Attached (I think) are some pictures of our first night camping just a few miles from the dealer after we picked it up. So far everything has been as expected with no major issues. We did get upgraded quite a bit at no cost with the change to the Black Label Edition. Things like the "L" rated tires, aluminum rims, LCI remote features and quite a few other things would not have been on the unit the way we ordered it so we are very happy with those no cost extras.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190928_072201833.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	217091   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190928_072143146.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	415.8 KB
ID:	217092  
Old 10-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #15

Very nice. We were notified yesterday, ours has arrived at the dealer. Unfortunately, due to a busy work travel schedule we can't schedule pickup for a couple weeks. Seeing yours makes me more anxious. I'll post some pics of our 22RR in a couple weeks.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:00 PM   #16

Finally picked up our 22RR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_150705.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	534.8 KB
ID:	218454  
Old 11-01-2019, 04:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose000 View Post
Finally picked up our 22RR.
Beautiful unit. I like your taste. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 11-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #18

My new 23 MKBL

Just bought my 2020 232MKBL from Paul Sherry. It's loaded with some great updates! Can't wait to enjoy it next spring.
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #19

Congrats on your new unit looks nice, I’m sure it has the Anzel wall system, Coachmen uses that almost exclusively. No more worries about delam and all that stuff, I have the same wall construction. There is a good video on line on those walls, the reason FR is not using it is because it 7 x’s the cost per square foot then gel coat. I think that Flagstaff is now using it on a rear wall of one there models only. At the factory there sign is printed on that wall there is no edges being covered or anything, that sign has been up for over 5 years, no sign of delam or anything else impressive after 5 years of heat , rain, snow and pure cold weather. My unit sits outside 24/7. It’s 2 years old and still looks brand new. Good luck with your new unit, you picked a good one for-sure.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:39 PM   #20

Thanks for the additional information. Glad you have had a great experience with yours for two years. That gives me some confidence that mine will not disappoint.

Tags
black, grey wolf