Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
BigTJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Palm Coast FL
Posts: 746
Just a bad idea to inter connect"fresh water" system with sewer system, you know the stuff coming out of you and yours mixing, even by the slimmest of possibilities, is just not smart.
__________________

__________________
Brenda and John
'14 Ram 3500 MCSB 6.7L HO PullRite 16K S/G, Grey Columbus 320RS Camped '14 - 146 days/'15 - 196 days
USN-EOD(Ret), Master Chief, 30 yrs,
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Mojojojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by realebill View Post
Mojojojo..I have had my flush hooked up like that for a few years now.never had any problems.brass "Y" with shutoffs at the fw inlet .short hose to the bt flush.
Thanks this is the first one we have had that didn't require us to drag the garden hose in for the flush, TLW loves it she don't have to help
__________________

__________________
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
gooiebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 129
I guess I just don't understand how anything is being contaminated just because you use the black tank flush with the outside shower line. I'm just flushing the tank out not filling it up so anything would come back. Goes in the flusher and out the drain.
Bob
__________________
2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2703ws
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7
gooiebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #24
Lon
Senior Member
 
Lon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: in the white river fishing for trout
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooiebob View Post
I guess I just don't understand how anything is being contaminated just because you use the black tank flush with the outside shower line. I'm just flushing the tank out not filling it up so anything would come back. Goes in the flusher and out the drain.
Bob
Well Gooie all you have to do is touch that little white hose to your black tank flush line and there is the chance for contamination. It's amazing those little guys are superhuman. They can move against the flow right out of your flush line up the white shower line into your fresh water tank and set up shop. It won't happen right away and it may not happen on your first flush....It might be the fourth or the tenth time you do it. In fact if you just touch with your hand the black tank and then touch the hose from your shower that communicates with your fresh water source there is a chance the next time you take a drink it may be more than water you are putting into your aliminetary canal. Granted the immune system does a pretty good job. I mean everyone's eaten at Taco Bell and most have survived. But even in the hospital where everything's sterilized, everybody's washing their hands with antiseptic soap, antibiotics are everywhere, and no one in their right mind would touch a bed pan to their dinner plate, people still get sick. .. Heart valves get infected, surgical wounds become purulent, your artificial hip has made friends with staph aureus ect. The bottom line is just because the water is flowing South those little guys can still be going North against the flow and they won't leave a calling card until they hit your stomach and set up shop. And you'll think you have celiac disease and go on a gluten free diet or that you are allergic to red dye number 6 or that monosodium glutamate has poisoned your system and only buy food at the natural food store or even worse.........you ingested some black mold. But in reality two years ago you accidentally touched your shower hose to your black tank flush line and have invited clostridium deficile into your world and the mother load is in the line hidden in the wall of your camper like a gooieblob, Gooiebob....so unless you plan to flush your drinking water plumbing with chlorox after you flush your black tank with your shower hose I just wouldn't do it.
__________________
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Mojojojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
Well Gooie all you have to do is touch that little white hose to your black tank flush line and there is the chance for contamination. It's amazing those little guys are superhuman. They can move against the flow right out of your flush line up the white shower line into your fresh water tank and set up shop. It won't happen right away and it may not happen on your first flush....It might be the fourth or the tenth time you do it. In fact if you just touch with your hand the black tank and then touch the hose from your shower that communicates with your fresh water source there is a chance the next time you take a drink it may be more than water you are putting into your aliminetary canal. Granted the immune system does a pretty good job. I mean everyone's eaten at Taco Bell and most have survived. But even in the hospital where everything's sterilized, everybody's washing their hands with antiseptic soap, antibiotics are everywhere, and no one in their right mind would touch a bed pan to their dinner plate, people still get sick. .. Heart valves get infected, surgical wounds become purulent, your artificial hip has made friends with staph aureus ect. The bottom line is just because the water is flowing South those little guys can still be going North against the flow and they won't leave a calling card until they hit your stomach and set up shop. And you'll think you have celiac disease and go on a gluten free diet or that you are allergic to red dye number 6 or that monosodium glutamate has poisoned your system and only buy food at the natural food store or even worse.........you ingested some black mold. But in reality two years ago you accidentally touched your shower hose to your black tank flush line and have invited clostridium deficile into your world and the mother load is in the line hidden in the wall of your camper like a gooieblob, Gooiebob....so unless you plan to flush your drinking water plumbing with chlorox after you flush your black tank with your shower hose I just wouldn't do it.
Thanks for the insight, but as a full timer I sanitize and flush my rigs water system twice a year and hope people storing them for any length of time would do the same. Or at least before they use it.
__________________
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Indymule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 503
So I can see some potential downside to this as a minimal chance of cross contamination. But how is this any different than anyone using a black tank flush. If these superhuman germs can swim up stream then every campground water spigot is a potential time bomb of destruction. I have seen MANY people using black tank flushes and by this logic, they are contaminating the entire water system.
While we are talking about this, how many times have you seen someone at the campground take their stinky slinky and rinse it out at the spigot? Will make you think twice about hooking up your water line the next time. (I wipe those spigot down with a clorox wipe). Reality is that this is a superficial gesture that allows minimal contact of clorox material to the germs and probably accomplishes nothing.
I'm still considering this option but I'm also not gonna run around paranoid about every possible germ.

I ate lots of dirt as a kid, rode my bike without a helmet, didn't know what a seat belt was until after I started driving (not things I am advocating, we learn) but I did survive.
__________________
Jay & Maria - Camp Dogs Jackson & Joplin
2015 Rockwood 2604WS Emerald
Hensley Arrow hitch
2015 Ford F350 Crewcab Lariat Diesel
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:20 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Mojojojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 361
Can someone fix the blank tank typo, not a grammar or spelling teacher but it's been up there a while.
__________________
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #28
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 6,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
Can someone fix the blank tank typo, not a grammar or spelling teacher but it's been up there a while.
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
nights of camping
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:42 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
gooiebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 129
Cool

Geez, sorry. Now I understand. I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this. Feel like I just got taken to the woodshed.
Bob
__________________
2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2703ws
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7
gooiebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Mojojojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Thanks Platokidd , I will sleep easier tonight.
__________________

__________________
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black tank, tank, black tank flush, black

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.