Old 06-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #1

Black Tank Flush Accident

After negligently leaving the black tank flush water hose on and forgetting about it, I heard a HUGE loud structural steel-frame crash while I was inside located in the general area of the black tank. It sounded just like the expanded black water tank popped/busted a retainer strap which banged against the steel framework of the 2015 Surveyor Cadet 30 feet trailer.
No water sprayed anywhere, but the black water tank valve was under a lot of pressure when I opened it.
Everythings seems normal now.

Can anyone help me figure out what may have happened to the steel framework of the trailer, and what risks I may have just continuing to use the trailer normally?

Thanks.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #2

I would drop the underbelly and check it out. If you heard the metal pop. Something need to be fixed. Could be a strap or bolt holding the brace in place. You might want add more straps while there. I would rather fix it now instead when it falls out. Might not happen I don't like to chance on that situation. I would think all would need a drill and few other tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #3

I set my phone on stopwatch mode for 8 minutes. Has saved me when I get into adult conversations, like, the fish was thisssss big.

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #4

I did that ...once....raced around to the sewer side and shut off the water, pulled the black tank valve and because of the pressure, the hose flew out of the sewer, went up in the air and proceeded to spray me and everything around me. It was like letting go of a full balloon. No damage done to anything but my pride, clothes and me. I think I'd be dropping the under belly to see what broke.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
I did that ...once....raced around to the sewer side and shut off the water, pulled the black tank valve and because of the pressure, the hose flew out of the sewer, went up in the air and proceeded to spray me and everything around me. It was like letting go of a full balloon. No damage done to anything but my pride, clothes and me. I think I'd be dropping the under belly to see what broke.
If you haven't watched it, you need to rent and watch the movie RV with Robin Williams. Whole family would enjoy...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpipeliner View Post
I would drop the underbelly and check it out. If you heard the metal pop. Something need to be fixed. Could be a strap or bolt holding the brace in place. You might want add more straps while there. I would rather fix it now instead when it falls out. Might not happen I don't like to chance on that situation. I would think all would need a drill and few other tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2

Better to find out when now then then when the tank is full and about to fallout.

I have no doubt the pressure builds up. I found out first hand. Fortunately, it was me that opened the toilet to check the water level and not DW. Why does this happen? I would think the pressure would go out the vent pipe.

I like the timer suggestion and will try it myself. I am concerned 8 minutes could be too long. I guess I will and see what happens. What's the worst that can happen? LMAO.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

I get about 4 minutes on my timer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:12 PM   #8

Aren't you supposed to open the dump valve to prevent this or am I doing it wrong?

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Old 06-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #9

Interesting, I always flush the black tank but I have the valve open while doing so. Am I doing it wrong ?
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:41 PM   #10

Yes you need to fill up your black tank a few times with the valve shut off, it the easier way to fill up your black water tank. When tank flushed clear your black tank is clean. I go inside and look at the sensors. I take my outside shower hose and hook it to the black tank flush. I also use hot water

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accident, black, black tank, black tank flush, tank