Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #1

Black Tank Flush Systems

We have a Tracer 2670 BHS with the black tank flush system. After setting the tt up after winter storage, everything went well until I tried to flush the black tank. After turning the water flush on, fresh water started to come out of what looks like a black sewer drain vent pipe located under the galley sink. I did have the black tank drain valve open, and the gray tank valve closed. I did use the water flush system the past 2 years with no problems. Everything else water related works fine.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Traveltracer
Old 04-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelTracer View Post
We have a Tracer 2670 BHS with the black tank flush system. After setting the tt up after winter storage, everything went well until I tried to flush the black tank. After turning the water flush on, fresh water started to come out of what looks like a black sewer drain vent pipe located under the galley sink. I did have the black tank drain valve open, and the gray tank valve closed. I did use the water flush system the past 2 years with no problems. Everything else water related works fine.

Traveltracer
Are you sure it was your vent pipe to the tank or that vacuum break valve?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:51 PM   #3

Can't see it to we'll....you may be right that it could be a vacuum break valve..
Old 04-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelTracer View Post

Traveltracer
I was just looking under the sink this past weekend and noticed that on my 2670, and was wondering what that is. I assumed it was some type of backflow preventor. Probably for the black tank flush line.

Maybe something in it froze over the winter.
brianjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjames View Post
I was just looking under the sink this past weekend and noticed that on my 2670, and was wondering what that is. I assumed it was some type of backflow preventor. Probably for the black tank flush line.

Maybe something in it froze over the winter.
More then likely it cracked, they are pure junk. I wonder if that is what the OP found. Mine is behind the shower wall no access at all. Even removing the shower faucets you can't reach it. Either if it breaks I'll have to cut in an access door in the bedroom wall or cut both lines off. That would mean dropping the whole bottom of the trailer. Not a good place to put it poor design....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #6

I haven't had a chance to try the flush system again. Originally, when I posted, the temperatures outside were in the low 30's. I'm hoping, with the warmer weather, it will work. I did call the dealer where I bought the tt and they suggested checking the hoses under the sink, in case they loosened. In any event we won't be able to go back to the tt until late next week. I will post the results when I try it again. One thing for sure......very difficult to access the hoses where they are located.

Traveltracer

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank