Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
You're the guy we want to be behind.

However, apparently you've never gotten behind someone that dumps his black tank, then wants to refill and/or flush it out (maybe a couple of times, even) while you sit behind him waiting.
The issue for me isn't does the guy need to flush his black tank it's... does he even acknowledge the fact that there are people waiting for him? A little acknowledgment and even a stroll back to the line and indicate that he we will finish as quickly as possible will go a long way to avoid an issue. What I have seen, and what get's me in motion, is the guy to clearly has an attitude of... I'm here, you are not deal with it! You can immediately tell when someone acknowledges that people are waiting, and a considerate person shows signs of hurrying up the process. It's all about showing some consideration for some one else's needs.
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I do the same thing but I still have debris left in the tank. I takes at least 2 more fill and dumps before my tank is clean.

Not with people waiting in line. My tank holds 40 gallons, that would take a while to do twice

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #103

I'm sure there are many instances of people taking more than adequate time at a dump station, but also pretty sure most don't want to spend any more time there than necessary.

I've never recorded the time I occupy the station but it's definitely longer than the three minutes as some have said they can get the job done. It probably takes me almost that long just to get the hose out of the fence post, secure both ends and hook up the water line. I guessing about 10 minutes total to dump the black, back fill it while the grey is draining, then dumping the 10 or so gallons put back in the black. I don't bother rinsing the hose...just double cap it and wait till I get home to clean it and let it air dry for several hours. I think that 10-12 minutes is a fair time and if someone behind me has a problem with that, then, well...sucks to be them.

I'm staying four nights at a FHU site this weekend so I'll time the dump process (I don't hook up the sewer hose until I'm close to leaving).
Old 10-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #104
Tinkerer and Putterer

Flushing was a pain until I swapped over to using 1/2 cup of fabric softener and 1/2 cup of cheap laundry detergent in place of tabs. I still dump, spray, close the black valve and dump gray but now it's a faster affair. I don't sweat the wait time. If I rush the guy ahead of me he might make a mistake that I'll pay for when I pull up...

Put another way if I give him crap I might end up dealing with his...

Before I go to the dump station I get the kids to bounce the back of the rig to shake things up. Haven't had a problem with debris since I switched but I have gotten some strange looks on pull out. I had a friend borrow the rig for a month long epic family adventure. Even though I gave them 16 rolls of RV TP they still used quilted concrete. Completely covered the inside of the tank and sensor but three normal uses cleaned everything out without any unpleasantries required. I did give him some crap though...
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #105

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
"Just because." Thread needs pics, right ???

Full disclosure, this is cross-post from http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1353774

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_and_Abby View Post
Some RV's have an external shower, or external hose connection that is part of the "normal" plumbing ... it's just like another water faucet.

In our case, it has a hot and cold knob, and comes out to the absurd fitting that you plug a blue spiral hose into. Other people might have a shower head, or a garden hose type fitting.

If we could find the obnoxious little fitting then we would make up a dedicated hose for this purpose only. So far have stumped our dealer and a lot of parts places.
Here's where you can get the fitting: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As installed on my TT:

Old 11-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #107

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Here's where you can get the fitting: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As installed on my TT .....
Hey, Thank You for the confirmation ... link you sent matched the one we stuck in our Amazon cart as a possibility.

It will be nice having a little short hose instead of the blue curly one for that quick shot at dump-station-land.

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_and_Abby View Post
Hey, Thank You for the confirmation ... link you sent matched the one we stuck in our Amazon cart as a possibility.

It will be nice having a little short hose instead of the blue curly one for that quick shot at dump-station-land.
Glad I could help. The hose in the picture is an unused washing machine hose I found in the barn. I cut it down to about 16" and got a male hose fitting from Ace Hardware. Put the quick connect on the fitting. Stores easily in the "fence post" sewer hose holder.

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank