Old 10-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2ride41 View Post
Good point but I don't think there is a trap in the drain pipe to the black tank is there?? I am pretty sure I can see directly into the tank when I flush the toilet!? I know there is traps connected to the sinks etc but never really thought about the toilet since I thought I could see directly into the tank!
It depends upon how the TT is plumbed. My tanks go into the drain pipes that meet at a T. The dump valves are just before the T so the pipes always have some water in them if anything has been put through a drain or toilet. Even after I dump them there is always some residual water that ends up in the pipe near the valve which is why I pour a healthy dose of RV antifreeze to my tanks during the winter.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #42
Site Team

OK, the site team is literally having to do a clean up here. Please don't get caught up in emotions here, and be mindful of your words and terms.

We all know what.......er....uh....... "poo" isn't going to fly around here.

Let's keep it clean, well at least the language.

Thanks

I just threw some salt over my shoulder for good luck. Ended up smashing a mirror with the salt shaker.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Sounds good until you are the one waiting... Then I bet your tune changes.
My tunes are always same . when you're are apublic dump station sometimes you have to wait if you can't wait then pull out and go somewhere else if that's not feasible then have a sandwich .or go over your own unit so you're ready when you get to the front of the line . this is supposed to be fun camping or staying in your home away from home. why do so many get worked up cause they have to wait a bit ? everybody is me me me
Old 10-14-2016, 02:20 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
everybody is me me me
It's certainly clear that at least you are.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #45

If no one is around I take my time but if other campers are waiting I get it over with quick. A little in the black water tank is okay, at least for me

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #46
Canadian Member

We camped at a Provincial Park a couple weeks ago and there were 3 campers ahead of me and 3 lined up behind me at the dumping station. I refilled the black tank once using the flusher (valve closed), dumped it and then dumped the grey tank and pulled away. It took an extra 5 minutes, tops.

But I think it still needs a better flush for the end of the season. So, we've booked a FHU site at a CG less than an hour from home for a single night as the final outing of the year. We're doing that this weekend. It's a good excuse for another trip and I can flush the black tank as much as I need to on the final trip.

IMHO, if you use a FHU site to dump but didn't pay for a FHU site, you're cheating the CG owner not to mention those who did pay for FHUs. You should pay the few extra dollars for the convenience or be prepared to wait in line if necessary. If you book a standard hotel room you don't get to use a suite with a kitchenette.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:36 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
It's certainly clear that at least you are.
you prove my point
Old 10-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #48

We were leaving a State Park at 9 AM and there was a Long line at the Dump station! A camper just pulled out of a FHU site so I pulled in to Dump! A Guy came running over a started Yelling "You can't be here,My son has booked this Site, I am going to call the Park Ranger"! I just hooked up the Dump hose and Water flush hose and went about my business! The Ranger pulled up as we were leaving! Youroo!!
Old 10-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #49
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post

IMHO, if you use a FHU site to dump but didn't pay for a FHU site, you're cheating the CG owner not to mention those who did pay for FHUs. You should pay the few extra dollars for the convenience or be prepared to wait in line if necessary. If you book a standard hotel room you don't get to use a suite with a kitchenette.
I think you're misunderstanding the point. Using an empty FHU site to dump is not depriving anyone of anything. It all goes into the same collection point. The folks at the Atlanta and Charlotte Nascar tracks even tell the dry campers to use the FHU sites if the dump station has a line.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #50

Regarding using a full hook up site to dump, some campgrounds have told us to use them as the dump line gets long and even at the FROG Rally it has been suggested to folks leaving to do this.

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank