Old 10-16-2016, 09:04 AM   #61
Sunseeker 3010DS
The way I see it is the CG management has the right set policy and pricing and rulls as they see fit. The better the experience for the camper the better their business will thrive. In today's world as a consumers we have many ways to voice our opinions. One simply speak with or e-mail the camp management with your request, concerns and or suggestions. Another write a review or several reviews. If enough people are dis-satisfied with a particular policy or function of the property, Management may change it or make a special concession for you . If not you have the option to go to another camping location of your choice.

We as a very large extended family now have been going to a Small lake campground in Northern Ca. for over 30 years at least once a year and sometimes more. The management has been very open to campers suggestions and feedback. Because of that it has grown and continues to grow. Dump stations became a huge issue. Their response was adding more dump stations. They are now up to 6 and I believe they have plans for 2 more.
I believe in playing by the rules. I will not take what I think is owed to me unless agreed upon before and or after. If you have a request simply ask a high ranking manager. Most of all

slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #62
Canadian Member
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
If I go to a campground and pay for the use of a non full hookup campsite then I have paid for the use of the dump station when I leave, or even during my stay. Since I have PAID to use the dump exactly what is the problem with which pipe one opens up to use to drain the tank. Nobody said they were preventing someone who paid for a FHU site the ability to use the drain. The site is empty. The only one being "hurt" is whoever thinks that since they paid a little more then they think they are entitled to more.

Paying $20 extra a night means forking out eighty bucks for a four nite stay just to save a short stop at the exit dump station. I've been know to spend money like a drunken sailor but no way I'd spend it that way. I would never pay extra for a FHU site unless I was going to be there for more than seven nights. I camped at BamaGanza last week for eight nights. It was a FHU site, but all the sites were FHU. I didn't even get my sewer hose out of the fencepost until the night before I left. In fact, the only thing I really used all week was the electricity because the water pressure was so low I used the onboard TT water system.

Using vacant sites for dumping actually is a benefit for the campground owner. If someone has to wait in line at the community dump station for 30-40 minutes or more they are leaving with a negative opinion. But, if the dump process gets spread out among other UNUSED sites they leave happy...and happy campers come back. Unhappy campers tell all their friends that the campground is not that great because of their single experience of being delayed while dumping.
IMO, using the FHU site to dump when you haven't paid for a FHU or been given express permission by the owner/manager is being selfish and impatient.

People these days seem to confuse rights with privileges. The CG is private property and you have no right to do anything there. By paying your camping fees the owner gives you certain privileges to use certain services as set out in the CG's rules and fee schedule. FHU sites cost more because the owner is giving you more services and convenience. If you aren't willing to pay the premium for a FHU site you have neither a right nor privilege to use a FHU site whenever you want. You have permission to use the dump station and ONLY the dump station to dump your tanks.

If everybody had a right to dump wherever they please as you're suggesting, there wouldn't be a premium for FHU sites would there.

I completely understand long lineups but you need to be patient or pay for a FHU site. If the CG doesn't have enough dump stations, tell the owner or don't go back.

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:11 PM   #63
I don't think the Governor of the State of Ohio would want to be called at 9-10 AM on a Sunday to be ask if it would be OK to use a Vacant FHU Campsite to Dump at! Our State Park Taxes help pay for these Parks,but not All sites are FHU and by the way back to the OP "Elevate the opposite side by pulling up on Ramps will Help flush the solids toward the Outlet! PS the people Behind you in line will Really have a Stroke then! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #64
If the CG expected FHU guest to be the only ones with the privilege of sewer , then why would they provide an exit dump station? The convenience is why FHU pays more, but upon exiting at check-out i don't think any CG gives a crap which hook-up you use since it is all going in the same sewer system.
FHU is for convenience for the length of stay only.
The other guest just don't get the convenience during the stay.
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:05 PM   #65
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Sounds good until you are the one waiting... Then I bet your tune changes.
I agree! There are a lot of inconsiderate people who think their pace just has to be accepted! I will get in someone's face if they are longer than 10 minutes. I have done so several times. They find a way to speed up! It's just like boat ramps. There are many dummies who just ignore the 10 minute ramp time so they can unload their coolers, adjust their shorts, or whatever they feel like, while others are lined up waiting. I hate people like that!
2009 Sunseeker 2860DS
Bulldog keyless entry
Firestone airbags
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:15 PM   #66
Sunseeker 3010DS
Yep, I used to be an in your face type of guy but have mellowed with age. I now enjoy camping atmosphere because of the relaxed and polite people I meet. Ya there are still some who are not so courteous so I just drive around them and look for another alternative. Helps with my blood pressure as well
Old 10-16-2016, 06:17 PM   #67
I would not react kindly to anyone scolding me at the dump station because i wasn't moving to their pace. I wonder do these movement police scold people at the bank or grocery store check-out? Do they yell and scream at those ahead of them at ball games or buffets? No i would not be the person to yell at for any reason.
I would at the least react by moving even slower after being scolded.
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:44 PM   #68
Sunseeker 3010DS
Old 10-16-2016, 07:02 PM   #69
A friend of mine used to let his impatience get the better of him and get up in peoples faces. That is until the time a Hells Angel he approached unbeknownst decided he didn't like people in his face. A broken jaw and missing teeth made him decide it is better to wait than take a chance on a strangers reaction. As for myself if someone got in my face about how long I'm taking they'll find I'll tend to slow down from that point on.
2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #70
Usually Confused Member
I went by the state park near my home today to ask the game warden about their policy. As expected, her reply was "What??? Who cares ". She said people in one of the 10 (of 40) FHU sites will often pull out and reposition to site #9 to dump. Reason being is that site is about 7-8 inches out of level which really helps getting the tanks very empty. I've seen several trailers pull into that site and leave for another one because it's so uneven. They're supposed to fix it this winter. Until then I'm going to use it even if I am in another FHU site. BTW...all the sites are first come first served with no difference in cost between FHU and water/electric only sites.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote

black, black tank, black tank flush, tank