Old 10-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #71

And now a flurry of posts by people missing the point: if there is someone waiting behind you while you are using a dump station, be courteous and take as little time as possible.

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:28 PM   #72

Maybe people should consider physical capabilities before jumping to conclusions, not everyone is a seasoned camper either.
I wonder how many that get impatient offer to help the guy dumping? Something to think about!

Old 10-16-2016, 09:00 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
and the tee pee goes where?
In a plastic trash can with plastic bag liner that gets dumped every day. I am worried that the tee pee will just fill the tank more and clog it up.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #74
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
In a plastic trash can with plastic bag liner that gets dumped every day. I am worried that the tee pee will just fill the tank more and clog it up.
Well, people have been putting TP in RV toilets for decades.
It's hardly ever the TP that clogs the black tank.
It's feminine products, baby wipes, other foreign objects and poor black tank maintenance.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:55 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
I would not react kindly to anyone scolding me at the dump station because i wasn't moving to their pace. I wonder do these movement police scold people at the bank or grocery store check-out? Do they yell and scream at those ahead of them at ball games or buffets? No i would not be the person to yell at for any reason.
I would at the least react by moving even slower after being scolded.
I doubt it!
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:02 AM   #76
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
I would not react kindly to anyone scolding me at the dump station because i wasn't moving to their pace. I wonder do these movement police scold people at the bank or grocery store check-out? Do they yell and scream at those ahead of them at ball games or buffets? No i would not be the person to yell at for any reason.
I would at the least react by moving even slower after being scolded.
Naaaaahh. Slowing down is too obvious. Maybe If you lost your truck keys. Probably take 8-10 minutes to find them. 🤔

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:11 AM   #77

I don't care how long someone spends at a dump site if no one else is in line. What I find "in your face worthy" is those inconsiderate types who look up and act as though you are not there, and have nothing better to do than watch them fumble around and try to figure what lever to pull. It's about common courtesy. I will never not speed up if there is some one waiting on me. I'm not the only person on earth! Trust me I have never had a conversation with some slow inconsiderate yokel that didn't result in them getting the hell out of the way. In one case I was applauded by 3 other rigs in line.
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:47 AM   #78

Respecting this sites rules i will refrain from further comment.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:59 AM   #79
Crookedread

On a boat ramp there was a guy that was building his boat. Hanging the motor, putting vests in, gas tank, ropes, fishing gear, etc.. He remarked to me that everyone seemed pissed off. I told him that all of us built our boats in the parking lot, not on the ramp. We didn't go to the ramp until we were ready to launch. He seemed to understand that he was holding every one of us up. Same thing at the dump station! Be ready and get it done quickly. Be respectful of others and they will be respectful of you. If everyone seems pissed off at you, don't move slower, consider what your doing and how you could be more organized and quicker.

The guy that says he refills the black water tank to flush when people are lining up behind him obviously has no respect for the people waiting. This whole camping thing works a lot better when we show a little respect for each other. Just my opinion.

Crookedread
2016 2500 Duramax
2011 Stealth 2312
Old 10-17-2016, 06:29 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
A friend of mine used to let his impatience get the better of him and get up in peoples faces. That is until the time a Hells Angel he approached unbeknownst decided he didn't like people in his face. A broken jaw and missing teeth made him decide it is better to wait than take a chance on a strangers reaction. As for myself if someone got in my face about how long I'm taking they'll find I'll tend to slow down from that point on.

You are probably already slow, I try to be courteous if anyone is behind me. I think that could be me back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank