Old 10-17-2016, 07:23 AM   #81

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
And now a flurry of posts by people missing the point: if there is someone waiting behind you while you are using a dump station, be courteous and take as little time as possible.
"What they said !!!"

Everyone needs to MANAGE THEIR EXPECTATIONS A LITTLE.

Our plan, we are "closing out" the camping season at our favourite local (six mile drive) county park ... one dump station for like seventy plus sites. So come Sunday, closing day, "Everyone" is gonna want to do the deed.

Heck, we have a comfy TT. Put the TV on 12V mode ... watch the Football game, nosh a little. Our turn will come.

Plan to cheat a little to help the cause. Fill up a 5-gallon bucket (with lid) ahead of time ... have that ready to pour down the toilet after we get to pull the black handle and before we run the power flusher device. We are "lucky" and with a short piece of hose, are able to run the power flusher from our internal water/pump. A couple hot showers ahead of time and plenty of Grey at the ready to rinse the pipes and hose. That is OUR plan but not everyone has same way of doing things.

The folks before us have their requirements and methods, and will also have gotten there before us, so they get their turn first.

This past weekend, work meant we left Saturday, not Sunday. NOBODY in line. "Just Sayin' ...."

If the football game sucks, maybe set up lawn chairs and watch the others like in that Robin Williams movie ? We could use some sort of Olympic scoring system and rate people ... One point deduction if you drop the hose on the ground, two tenths of a point if you use your elbow to push your hair back or adjust your glasses, DQ if the hose detaches when you pull black lever ?? At the end we raise the FROG Flag and play the theme song from VACATION ???

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #82

How long I spend at a dump station is really dependent on 2 things. 1. Is there anyone waiting behind me. 2. Will I be using mt RV toilet again in the very near future.

If anyone is behind me, I'll limit myself to emptying the tanks and maybe a 60 second rinse. If I'm not done camping and just need to dump, there is no need for a thorough tank cleaning if we're just going to foul it up again.

I will do a thorough rinsing if nobody is waiting and we are done camping for a while. If I need a more comprehensive cleaning and people are waiting, I'll, dump, quick rinse, fill my tank 3/4 full of water, add a little detergent then head home. There is a Cabelas with a dump station near my house that I will do a final empty before going home.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #83

Jeff_and_Abby regarding:
We are "lucky" and with a short piece of hose, are able to run the power flusher from our internal water/pump.

This sounds intriguing. How is this accomplished?
My internal water pump pressurizes the potable tank. How do you get that water to the black tank flush connection?
Old 10-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #84
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Outside shower....remove shower head
Old 10-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC75 View Post
Jeff_and_Abby regarding:
We are "lucky" and with a short piece of hose, are able to run the power flusher from our internal water/pump.

This sounds intriguing. How is this accomplished?
My internal water pump pressurizes the potable tank. How do you get that water to the black tank flush connection?
You seem a little confused. The water pump does not pressurize the potable water tank it pumps water from the tank. Maybe now it makes more sense.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Thanks. Now it makes sense to me.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post

Outside shower we don't use so it stays hooked up to the black water tank flush all the time. I have a tank of hot water and I run that in the black water tank. I meet the nicest people in campgrounds and if anyone is behind me in line I'm courteous and hurry up. Same way driving on the road,anyone behind me I let by. I just hate to hold up someone in a hurry. It could be me back there

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
You seem a little confused. The water pump does not pressurize the potable water tank it pumps water from the tank. Maybe now it makes more sense.
Yes. I stay confused. That way if the enemy ever captures me they will not be able to get any coherent information from me.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
You are probably already slow, I try to be courteous if anyone is behind me. I think that could be me back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Actually I'm quite fast and likely can be in and out faster than you. I just finish dumping the tanks and rinsing the hose if someone is behind me. I then pull forward to pack everything up. However if someone decides to be discourteous by "getting in my face" then they will get what they deserve and that is having to wait. I also know some folks that would take a much more aggressive approach. Do you really think it is worth your health to guess which one you are confronting?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:45 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have a tank of hot water and I run that in the black water tank.
when leaving for home, and after thoroughly cleaning the black tank, I always add 4-5gals of water and a good dose of detergent to let it slosh around on the way home and dump again at home into the septic tank,... on our last trip I used hot water for that 4-5gals and am convinced it did a better job of additional cleaning, will be the way I do it from now on,.....

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank