Old 10-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #1

Unhappy Black Tank Flushing

I went camping last weekend and before pulling out of the campground on Sunday, stopped at the sanitation station. Suffice it to say that I, and about 6 other campers got stuck behind "that guy." I waited about 15 minutes for him to repeatedly rinse his black tank and he had been at the dump station for a while because there were RVs ahead of me waiting to dump. By the time he pulled out, there were 5 other campers in line behind me. It continues to astound to me that people can be so inconsiderate as to perform a black tank flush when there are a line of RVs behind them waiting to dump. Seriously, it bears repeating: the black tank flush should only be performed when it won't cause an inconvenience to others. That pretty much excludes Sunday mornings when many campers are heading home.

"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittlecat View Post
I went camping last weekend and before pulling out of the campground on Sunday, stopped at the sanitation station. Suffice it to say that I, and about 6 other campers got stuck behind "that guy." I waited about 15 minutes for him to repeatedly rinse his black tank and he had been at the dump station for a while because there were RVs ahead of me waiting to dump. By the time he pulled out, there were 5 other campers in line behind me. It continues to astound to me that people can be so inconsiderate as to perform a black tank flush when there are a line of RVs behind them waiting to dump. Seriously, it bears repeating: the black tank flush should only be performed when it won't cause an inconvenience to others. That pretty much excludes Sunday mornings when many campers are heading home.
I hear what you are saying and agree. I have buddies that do the ritual that takes forever and I ask them when they are moving out so I can get gone prior.

I do think that each person has circumstances that might require this though as no other option may be available to them. Having said that, it stinks being in line...

Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #3

Sounds like they need more fiber in their diet.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugoismad View Post
Sounds like they need more fiber in their diet.
I am trying to be sincere in my response about potty training, and here you had to make it thicker...

Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #5

Black tank flush

I agree, it is frustrating waiting on someone to flush their tanks several time's But at this time of year, He's probably trying to get it super clean prior to winterizing. What I find to work out very well is to make sure your last trip of the year is at a full hookup site then you can spend all day flushing your tanks if you want without bothering anyone. Just sayin.
Happy Camper 2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #6

I agree and our last outing was at a place without sewer so had to use the dump station, good thing is now I have another reason for another weekend camping trip
Old 10-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #7

Like HappyCamper said, this time of year I think we all need to be patient. I know I will be taking my rig to the local camping world this weekend to do a final season dump and flush. If I were at a campground I'd be doing it there if it were my last trip of the year.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper 2715 View Post
I agree, it is frustrating waiting on someone to flush their tanks several time's But at this time of year, He's probably trying to get it super clean prior to winterizing. What I find to work out very well is to make sure your last trip of the year is at a full hookup site then you can spend all day flushing your tanks if you want without bothering anyone. Just sayin.
The place where we go for our last couple trips of the season has a limited number of sewer sites, but with 300 sites checking out on a Sunday, its common for people to pull into a full hookup site that is already vacant and use the connection there to do all their extra flushing. Keeps the dump station line moving and makes for happy campers.

2005 F-150 FX4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #9
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittlecat View Post

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:40 AM   #10

Wow, so sorry that people like me aggravate people like you. I want to take proper care of my trailer and so far no one has asked me to speed things up so that they can get home faster. I don't have a way to flush out my black tanks anywhere else but at the campground where I am staying.

NC
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank