Old 05-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #11

The campsite I go to, it's a county beach. They cut the ends off of the hose, so you can't hook it to the black tank flush. I guess they try and get people out of there quicker. Lines can back up some on sunday.

abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
The campsite I go to, it's a county beach. They cut the ends off of the hose, so you can't hook it to the black tank flush. I guess they try and get people out of there quicker. Lines can back up some on sunday.
Buy a (Water Thief) and put it on the (Cut off Hose)! Youroo!!

Old 05-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
See Pic. if you had one of these and a 5/8 garden hose you could run it to a sewer cleanout at home! Youroo!!
Ia that a garbage disposal? i can't tell by the picture how you have modified

2015 Silverado Duramax w/Allison transmission
2014 surveyor 293RL fifth wheel
1surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1surveyor View Post
Ia that a garbage disposal? i can't tell by the picture how you have modified
Yes Sir ,that is a ( Super Duty Power Pusher Macerator Poop Pump )! It can also be used for Small Forest Fires! If you (Plug or Stall) this Bad Boy you need to Call (Dr. Oz)! Youroo!!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #15

We just received our Sewer Solution from Amazon earlier this week. Will set up some 1" pvc pipe running from RV pad to sewer clean out on other side oh house. Plan to test it later this week. Less expensive than a macerator, but uses a lot of water.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #16

Garbage disposals can be had for $40. That is a inexpensive solution. I can just hook up a PVC drain in the garage and 50 ft of hose bob is you uncle..Thanks youroo
Old 05-31-2015, 10:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh326 View Post
I cannot dump my tanks at home.

Wife and I will be boondocking for 4-5 days in late September. We plan another camping trip sometime in October to a campground with full hookups.

Since I can't dump at home, is it OK to let the black and gray tanks 'marinate' for 3 weeks or so until we get to the campground with dump station/hookups?

My other options are to pay a honey wagon to come to my house to pump it or pay local campground to let me pull in and dump there, both options I have used in the past, but expenses I would like to avoid if possible.
If you have plenty of water in your black tank and add a sufficient amount of one of the many RV black tank treatments that contain enzymes you will not have a problem when you dump and immediately refill the tank 1 time and dump again. The enzyme products do work. JMO
Old 06-01-2015, 12:27 AM   #18

We have the same maserator pump and dump thru 100 ft of 3/4 inch hose. Works like a charm and have a threaded end at the sewer clean out to connect it to. Sure don't miss the many trips with the turd toter.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #19
Site Team

The site team has deleted many irrelevant and off-topic posts in this thread. We certainly like for our members to enjoy themselves, but please keep chit chat things in the off-topic or humor threads.

Please be mindful that members who have questions or concerns do not like to have to wade thru a bunch of off-topic stuff.

Thanks

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
Ima give you old school tank flush 101. first, make sure your hose to fitting connection is darn good, yer life is depending on it. hook up sewer hose and dump. as last remaining effluent drains, lift hose end and begin filling with water. after filling for a bit...stop filling and lift several times to push water back into tank in a good "gashoosh" fashion. now, the tricky part. stuff hose down drain and clear before the surge gets ya. do this a couple times. you can pull the hose back a little to check the color to see how your progressing. let drain, pop hose loose and give a little rinse. if you can do it without getting any on you..you now a pro and not a stand in for robin williams...

Tags
black, black tank, tank