Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Angry Black water tank not draining on park model

Hi we just bought a new dlx qbq wildwood 42 ft park model trailer. I can't seem to get the blk water tank to drain. It shows empty on the display but when I look in the toilet into the tank I still see paper and the other stuff . The drain doesnt look right. The bottom of the tank looks like it is below the drain . I am worried with close up season coming . That there will be hold up of paper and poop. And freezing to cause a crack in the tank. Any ideas would be helpful.
__________________

Madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:05 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,109
If you don't have a built-in black tank flush, get a wand sprayer and stick it down into the tank. Its probably reading empty because there's no water in the tank but you've still got some stuff stuck to the bottom.

Assuming you're on full sewer, you may have to fill and drain it a few times.
__________________

Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,240
and then keep the valve closed until the tank is full, then drain, if you're not doing that already.
TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:05 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Smiths Falls Ont
Posts: 79
Possible you got a tp clog at the out pipe of your tank. Try what the others said add a bunch of water and pull the valve. If you hear or don’t see the pipe slinky move propably clogged. If you get a little trickle probably clogged. I had to dump 2 5 gallon pails of hot water down my old keystone toilet and waited about 10 mins then pull the valve. Good thing I had one foot on the hose because when that clog cleared the hose jumped a bit as it all wanted out and fast. Worst case put a call into the chat office have the sucker machine come and give it a suck.
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 230
Most common problem for new owners! You have a pile up under the toilet because
You probably have opened the black water drain and left it open.
You MUST leave the drain valve closed during usage. This allows the water to build up in the tank and keep the solids from pile up and solidifying. It will allow the collected water to flush everything out when the valve is opened.. it’s also a good idea to refill a few gallons into tank after dumping.
For now if you can see directly down into the tank, run a hose inside wth a nozzle and blast the tissue loose and fill to top then pull drain valve..
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 455
Post pictures! If the bottom of the tank is below the drain, you do have a problem.
__________________
2009 Roo 21ss + 2007 Superduty 6.0
mnoland30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:23 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 26
Red face Black water tank not draining

Weeeelllllllll......when our seasoned RVing buddy heard I'd bought a TT, he took us to a local state park to teach us some basics, for when we picked ours up. One thing he told us: "No pooping in my trailer." He just didn't want to have to deal with the issues you mentioned above.

We adopted that (and more) using these options:
1. Peeing only in our toilet. Females-put toilet paper in the provided zip-lock baggie, place in trash can beside commode.
2. Pooping- Use bathroom facilities provided at campsite, if available.
3. If not available, place double trash bag under the commode seat, poop, tie bag up and drop in bucket outside front door for soonest disposal. Originally, we added kitty litter to the bag but found it was an unnecessary step.

I'm a female... it's no thing. So Ladies, if this makes you squeamish, consider having to be the one to clean up a clogged black water tank. My guess, you'd rather grab the bags and get 'er done!.
suzea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 455
My brother-in-law was the same way with his motorhome. I figured it must be really ugly dealing with black water. When we went houseboating on Lake Powell, I found out that the problems are greatly overblown. Twenty years later, and I've never had any issues with either black tank. We use TST from Walmart in our houseboat, and the Geo Method in our Roo. Easy Peasy. It sounds to me that the OP may have a warranty problem. That's easy too. Take it back to the dealer.
__________________
2009 Roo 21ss + 2007 Superduty 6.0
mnoland30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzea View Post
Weeeelllllllll......when our seasoned RVing buddy heard I'd bought a TT, he took us to a local state park to teach us some basics, for when we picked ours up. One thing he told us: "No pooping in my trailer." He just didn't want to have to deal with the issues you mentioned above.

We adopted that (and more) using these options:
1. Peeing only in our toilet. Females-put toilet paper in the provided zip-lock baggie, place in trash can beside commode.
2. Pooping- Use bathroom facilities provided at campsite, if available.
3. If not available, place double trash bag under the commode seat, poop, tie bag up and drop in bucket outside front door for soonest disposal. Originally, we added kitty litter to the bag but found it was an unnecessary step.

I'm a female... it's no thing. So Ladies, if this makes you squeamish, consider having to be the one to clean up a clogged black water tank. My guess, you'd rather grab the bags and get 'er done!.
It's funny when i hear people won't use their black tank as designed . why use it at all ? when done correctly you can use the back tank to it's full potential without issues . i've been using mine for 5 years full time cross the country twice a yr and never any issues . why even have it if you're afraid to use it ?
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 3,634
There is a reason a toilet is installed. USE it, POOP and paper in a baggie?? Crazy!!!!! I have been pulling campers with toilets since 1976 and boats with toilets since 1989. Never had a single problem. All it requires is common sense which seems in short supply today.
__________________
2019 Montana 3761 FL
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 LB Dually
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
There is a reason a toilet is installed. USE it, POOP and paper in a baggie?? Crazy!!!!! I have been pulling campers with toilets since 1976 and boats with toilets since 1989. Never had a single problem. All it requires is common sense which seems in short supply today.
That right there is the answer! It's a toilet with a holding tank. It works as designed. Don't try to reinvent the wheel! Fill bowl with water, POOP, wipe and drop it into the toilet. Would you ask your guest to use bags at home!!!!!! YUCK!
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: British Columbia Canada
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
That right there is the answer! It's a toilet with a holding tank. It works as designed. Don't try to reinvent the wheel! Fill bowl with water, POOP, wipe and drop it into the toilet. Would you ask your guest to use bags at home!!!!!! YUCK!
X2. Just to add, 2ply TP is actually better than RV toilet paper. Just make sure you put more water in bowl before unloading yourself. Wife has taken it upon herself to deposit some dishwater waste into toilet occasionally especially when boon-docking and she has a small garbage container for TP for #1 which she emptyís daily.
__________________
2017 FR3 28 DS
cariboo camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Black water tank

Thanks for your help I did a second flush and it seems to have cleared we are hooked into sewer system with solid pipe . My neighbor said that he doesnt think the line drop is enough to drain the tank completely. So I am flushing the tank out 2 times after a initial pull of the valve.
__________________

Madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, black water, drain, tank, water, water tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


×