Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #41

Just picked up mine at the local CW store. They had no sign about sale at the store. I had to ask to make sure it was on sale. Now what am I going to leave home so I can take it??

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #42
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I do like what it says on the box "No Assembly Required"

Just got mine today also...

Kind of semi-assembled.....
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #43
Mod free 5er

According to CW website, these are no longer available.
2013 May Flyer - Camping World
Old 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
According to CW website, these are no longer available.
2013 May Flyer - Camping World
It must be all your fault.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
It must be all your fault.
Probably is, don't know what I'm going to do with the one I got. Did order an adaptor hose for it tho'.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #46
rip

Quote:
Thanks, I was thinking of making an adapter to use the qd fitting/shutoff for the RBQ grill. Does anyone know if this would work?
OC, did you find a qc adapter hose, for the low-pressure grill outlet, that connects to your BT360 grill?

Did you have to by-pass a regulator on the BT360?

I'm fairly stupid about how the various grills connect/work with the small propane cylinders, regular 20 lb bottles, or our regulated qc outlet on the side of our trailer.

I've tried to follow conversations about high-pressure grills and low-pressure grills and various connections, but I haven't consumed enuf McUltras for it all to make sense.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #47
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Probably is, don't know what I'm going to do with the one I got. Did order an adaptor hose for it tho'.
Did you ever find out if it can be connected to the qd on the trailer? I am going to look for one of these Saturday. I tried to tell the DW they were going like hotcakes but she still wants to touch it and see it before making a decision. I bet Camping World in Charleston will be out by then.
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #48
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
OC, did you find a qc adapter hose, for the low-pressure grill outlet, that connects to your BT360 grill?

Did you have to by-pass a regulator on the BT360?

I'm fairly stupid about how the various grills connect/work with the small propane cylinders, regular 20 lb bottles, or our regulated qc outlet on the side of our trailer.

I've tried to follow conversations about high-pressure grills and low-pressure grills and various connections, but I haven't consumed enuf McUltras for it all to make sense.
As I said, I haven't taken it out of the box, but I don't think it has a regulator if it uses the small 14oz & 16.4oz bottles. I ordered the hose to go from a regular 20# cyl. to the grill. Plan on putting a T in the regular RBQ line and hooking to the BT if I use it. Will just make a small manifold with 1 inlet and 2 outlets or an adaptor to switch from the RRQ hose to the BT hose. Needless to say, still in limbo on what to do.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #49
Site Team

The instruction book states the following:

You can attach either a 1 lb or a 20 lb LP gas cylinder (with Blacktop 360 approved hose and regulator). Please check your tank assembly manual for complete information.

Then the next line states:

Use only the pressure regulator and/or hose assembly supplied with the appliance.

I'm reading the book and it is not clear on this (especially what is an approved hose and regulator). I sent the manufacturer an email asking the question and will let you know what they say.

There is a regulator where the 1 lb bottle screws in.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #50
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
The instruction book states the following:

You can attach either a 1 lb or a 20 lb LP gas cylinder (with Blacktop 360 approved hose and regulator). Please check your tank assembly manual for complete information.

Then the next line states:

Use only the pressure regulator and/or hose assembly supplied with the appliance.

I'm reading the book and it is not clear on this (especially what is an approved hose and regulator). I sent the manufacturer an email asking the question and will let you know what they say.

There is a regulator where the 1 lb bottle screws in.
I got the hose that I posted about earlier from Amazon and it works like a champ on a 20lb bottle. Just be sure if you order one, that you get the right one for your bottle. Some are male and others are female on the bottle.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #51

Well the BT grill has its own regulator, like the webber, was looking at it last night and it looks like i can modified it to run from my camper, but i like the idea to be able to move it anywhere and not be limited to one place. Will be using a 20# gas tank since I have the hose and the tank already.
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #52
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

As an FYI, for those that didn't get one and still want one, Walmart sells them. They are currently $199, but take the sale ad in and they should honor it.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
As an FYI, for those that didn't get one and still want one, Walmart sells them. They are currently $199, but take the sale ad in and they should honor it.
Most Walmart store require a ad match store be within so many miles. So this might not work for a lot of us my closest store is roughly 100 miles away
mshell56118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #54

You can also get a refill valve to refill the 1lb bottle from your 20lb.

Amazon.com: Gascru Brass Propane One Pound Tank Refill Adapter EZ Coupler P432: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Also, get the brass caps for the small bottles to limit leakage.
Propane Tank Brass Cap, 2 pack - Mr. Heater F276400 - Propane Hoses and Adapters - Camping World
Old 05-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #55
Mod free 5er

Finally decided to take mine out of the box. Nice looking unit, now to find a place to store it in the camper. Sure not something to use on an overnighter. Heavy for a portable.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #56
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Buddys View Post
Well the BT grill has its own regulator, like the webber, was looking at it last night and it looks like i can modified it to run from my camper, but i like the idea to be able to move it anywhere and not be limited to one place. Will be using a 20# gas tank since I have the hose and the tank already.
Thanks Camping Buddys, based on what you said about the built-in regulator (which I suspected with the small cylinder hook-up) I opted to get a different pit.

I got the Sportsman's Series Stainless Steel Gas Grill with cover (item # 643404, Sam's Club, $100) and the Lifetime Products Tailgate Table (item # 338021, Sam's Club, $60). The grill fits perfectly on the side stand for the table, which folds flat in the middle tucking the stand into the fold and has hooks for trash bags, paper towels, and accessories. Both grill and table will fit neatly into my bedroom slide outside compartment.

I believe I can take off and replace this grill's external hose and regulator (for use with 20lb tank) with a Low-pressure quick connect hose and pigtail combo (item #100395-combo, Tejas Smokers, $40-$54). The small pigtail will replace the hose/regulator in the picture. The larger hose will connect the pigtail back to my trailer's outside quick connect.

Maybe I can even get a female quick connect adapter so I can still use the now replaced original hose/regulator (with a 20lb bottle attached) and connect to that male pigtail (have to research that part a little more).

Like I said before, I'm not propane high-pressure and low-pressure grill smart, so I may be shooting blanks with this whole idea. Attached some pics before I'm leaving to get some more McUltras...
Attached Images

+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #57
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Finally decided to take mine out of the box. Nice looking unit, now to find a place to store it in the camper. Sure not something to use on an overnighter. Heavy for a portable.
After setting it up and getting the hose to hook it to a 20# bottle, TOWTA and I have decided we really probably won't use it. So if someone was trying to get one and didn't succeed, pm me. We never even hooked a propane bottle to it.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #58
Mod free 5er

So, everyone that wanted one of these got it?