Old 09-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #11

I have a 22 gal blue boy and every second morning I siphon off what is in the black/grey tanks. Doing the math that is upwards of 22 gal x 8 lbs a gal equals alot of "Water", I have a rolled up blanket on my tailgate and do a deadlift hauling it up in to the truck bed...no problems now but probably would not want to be doing that in ten years. I highly recommend the $10 bobber level you can get for them, in the past I left the air vent off so the air can escape while filling and was not paying attention and had a geyser which went everywhere.

GASHOG - respectively, I do not agree with your thought of "dumping" grey water on the ground in the site. If everyone did this the sites would be a stinking mess, ripe with flies and in my neck of the woods, inviting every racoon/skunk/bear in the area

Kevin

Old 09-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Blackwater Tote Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashog View Post
I'm likely going to catch a lot of flack over this, but get one of these and an old garden hose:

Camco RV Sewer Cap with Hose Connection - Walmart.com

Use it to slowly bleed off some your grey water tank as needed into the woods or grass. Depend on where you're camping you might want to do this under the moonlight...

You will catch flack because it's gross, disgusting, and likely to get you thrown out of most places (rightfully so) because it is specifically against the rules.

Suggesting that the OP do it by moonlight means you know it and choose to ignore the rules.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
Done with this

^^^X2!!!!^^^

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:51 PM   #14

Thank you for such kind words. BTW my grey water is 99% water 1% soap. I put nothing else in in that tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #15

It is a bad plan except in an emergency situation.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #16

While I dont condone the practice,here in mi and where we were in ontario this summer it is SOP to dig a hole,dump gravel and a perforated 5 gal bucket in it,thus createing a dry well.Most seasonal sites will be this way for grey water and when they move on,the dry well is left and used by transient campers.Not so in state parks and provincial parks,just private (if allowed).
Old 09-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #17

Once a neighbor camper had a waterfall coming out his outside kitchen. No one around. Some how the sink faucet was left on. It filled his grey water and was flooding his TT. I turned off the water and dumped some of his grey water. ..not one bit disgusting. In a have to situation you do what you have do. Now what's disgusting is dog poop all over the camp grounds. ..

Old 09-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #18

I agree that dumping gray onto the ground in a campground is a bad idea. I guess if you are boon docking off the grid somewhere then it may be your only option, but never at a campground that has a dump station.

When we are dry docked i dump the gray tank each day into a 12 ga tote which, even full, I can lift into the bed of the truck and take to the dump station. I use a 6 gallon can to refill the fresh water tank because even when full, I can lift it high enough to get the spout into the nozzle for the fresh tank. We can go at least one week without having to dump our 36 ga black tank, so I don't bother with a tote for the black.

I like having the small 12 ga tote for gray and 6 ga fresh water container because they don't take up much space in the truck, and I can lift them even when full.

If you are at a campground that has toilet and shower facilities then you have options when it comes to water management and the more you camp, the better you will get at it.

Enjoy! 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #19

Never had an emergency situation on my own TT where the grey water needed to be bled off in CG. But if I did my grey water would be no more disgusting than the soapy water run off when I'm washing my truck. Oh before I catch flack I don't wash my truck in CG..

Old 09-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #20

gashog not to keep this line going as we have veered from the original question of using a honey wagon of sorts but my original comment was based on the fact I thought you would be dumping dish water along with shower water..of course dish water containing bits of food, greases etc which would then be a calling card for critters with a good nose. So I guess a new thread on the topic would be in relation to hygene/sanitation at a CG/Prov Park.

Back to topic, as I am in the military and too many times have conducted hygene via a helmet liner and the contents of my canteen....when I go camping in my TT it is considered a luxury situation where I am not afraid to use water...as mentioned earlier I have no problem to keep filling my fresh tank via 4 gal buckets...which brings back to point where I bleed off the tanks every other day.

Kevin

Tags
black, water