A fire hazard for sure. I nearly burned down the camper making coffee with a "cowboy coffee pot" two weeks ago when in my sleepy eyed state failed to notice my wife had hung the shopping list on a magnetic clip on the side of the hood. Even though it was far away (I thought) from the gas flame, it had so much radiant heat it caught fire. Saved by the smoke detector as I had my back to the stove typing on the iPad at dinette at the time.
I have no doubt the cloth/plastic day night shades would go up just as fast.
Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW