Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #71

Another case of manufacturer blowing dust up the consumers butt?
All about cheaping out, no regard for safety!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2015, 10:30 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
If this is true,what did they do with B 29 tires in WW2? Never heard of them blowing up and those tires cant have been built as well as tires are today.
Maybe they just didn't put that much air in them....leaving room for expansion where as now with Nit, they can pump them up with full pressure at sea level. Air pressure in a tire at altitude expands the tire as the ambient air pressure decreases.
The same thing happens to your vehicle tires when you go from sea level to higher elevations. Fill a balloon to MAX and take it to altitude and it will pop sooner or later.
About 16,600 hours in the pilots seat since 1965.

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:35 AM   #73

The other issue here is manufactures today leave less wiggle room in their engineering. The safety factors are less than the past.

Also in some cases one or all axles are overloaded.

I cringe when I here on the forum 65 MPH is not fast enough to get where I am going......Really???? that is insane, not a popular point here I am sure but anyone doing that is putting their families at risk....... ( I know many think that is not true but it is) Try to do a panic stop even at 65 with a 15,000 to 30,000 truck trailer combo. Even the professional truck drivers have trouble with that one. When I see a large fifth wheel whiz by me I just can not believe it. Very few of us here are professional drivers and it shows on the road. Not RV related but a guy locally last week did not take enough care at a RR crossing he lost a 3 year old daughter himself & two other children are in the hospital still a couple weeks later............ I am just saying take caution the world does not revolve around us and the danger can be greater than we can imagine. There is a very good reason School Buses & other Rigs Stop at all RR crossings............

As far as the past there was no social media, or internet, & tire blow outs, accidents were rarely reported....... We only had 3 channels on TV as well............. so who knows

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #74

My last two trips I took, while at the campground, I saw TVs coming in with damaged trailers from blow outs.... I learned early on that you can talk and evaluate all you want but just get rid of them. It isn't worth the time stuck on the side of the highway feet from danger or the money it costs to replace. Just do it.

My bombs were replaced in the first 30 days with commercial grade LT tires. I even sold the bombs to s local that just uses his trailer around town so he didn't care about the bombs.
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #75

Just curious are the blows outs in a certain part of the country ? I have rarely seen anyone pulled over on the highway with a flat or damage to a trailer from a blow out. I drive 50-100K miles per year for pleasure & work. I am at our RV dealer all the time bothering the tech. Just haven't seen the damage very often from a blow out. Like one out of 100,000. The campground we stay at mostly has nearly 900 sites. .............. I am not saying it does not happen but I just have not seen it very often in our local states.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Just curious are the blows outs in a certain part of the country ? I have rarely seen anyone pulled over on the highway with a flat or damage to a trailer from a blow out. I drive 50-100K miles per year for pleasure & work. I am at our RV dealer all the time bothering the tech. Just haven't seen the damage very often from a blow out. Like one out of 100,000. The campground we stay at mostly has nearly 900 sites. .............. I am not saying it does not happen but I just have not seen it very often in our local states.

Honestly, just find where your closest RV/trailer/bus/big rig body shop is and they will all tell you they are regularly stacked up with blowout repairs! I've had interactions with these shops in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, and here in New Jersey, and all do more repairs due to blowout than collision damage to trailers. Heck, I was at RMS of Hanover last September and Cecil had three 5ers and two TTs parked in the lot waiting for parts for blowout repair; an HTT in the bay that had been in for 3 months because the blowout tore through the bathroom floor destroying shower, vanity and all plumbing, electric cabling and ducting in addition to exterior damage; and, another trailer just finishing fiberglass repairs from a delam blowout that took sidewall with it. He had only one trailer in with pure collision damage, and one with roof leak water damage.