Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2018, 09:32 PM   #1

Bon Fire

I’m putting in a plug for the Solo Stove. My DH recently came across this and we purchased one. It heats very hot, which minimizes smoke and the flames are beautiful. When you move it, no damage has been done to the grass underneath. And no, I have absolutely no ties to the company. They also have several smaller models that can be used for backpacking and camp cooking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	457E7542-619A-462D-86E9-FC56528A7CEB.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	547.2 KB
ID:	159422  

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #2

My daughter bought and uses the small Solo Stove and a larger one called Basecamp. I've had several emails from the company on the "Bonfire" version. I'd like to try one, but the budget doesn't really allow for it at the moment. Glad to hear the good report on it. My daughter loves both of the versions of the cookstove that she has.
david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #3

I bought the Solo Stove Bonfire September 2016 when the company was taking backers on "KickStarter" to help fund the project. They had a special price for backers. Was still expensive considering it's a fire pit. But this isn't your ordinary pit. Like CampingGator said, puts out very little smoke. If you enjoy a fire, its worth the price and has a lifetime warranty. Made of stainless steel. Nice storage bag too.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forest River Forums mobile app
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote