Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #1

Cool BOSS Audio question on XLR

I just bought a 2010 XLR 23fbv with a BOSS audio system in it. There are two outside speakers on the toy hauler and I'm totally stumped as to how to turn them off and just listen to the inside speakers. Anyone know if there is a way to isolate them from the inside?
msrafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #2

Try using the left - right balance. Ours is backwards left to right and front to rear but it gets the job done.
jdpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #3

Boss audio issue

Thanks for the reply. I actually did play around with the fader and balance but it didn't work. Might have to put individual shutoff switches on the backs of the outdoor speakers.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:29 AM   #4

jdpaxton, you were right. I thought I had done both the balance and fader but I didn't go far enough on the fader adjustment. Thanks for your input and I'm sure anyone I'll be camping next to, in the future, thanks you too.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #5

No problem. It took me while to get ours figured out.
jdpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #6

Our Vibe has the BOSS system. The manual shows using the fader (front to rear) to select inside or outside. Problem is, the inner and outer speakers on our unit share the same cabinet/box. Due to the acoustic coupling (ever see home stereo speakers with "passive woofers?") the unselected speakers always produce some sound-the pressure waves from the powered speakers move the speaker cones of the unpowered speakers. The higher the volume, the less difference between the inner and outer sound output. Even if a cutout switch is installed, if they share the same box, it will not make much difference.
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr