Old 05-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRRVR View Post
What are you referring to regarding the slide out? I have never heard that before. Thanks
Slide outs and the use of the supports AKA stabilizers or that Forest River urges the use of them?
my 2012 Salem 27RKSS came with a sheet which had several recommendations - one was the use of stabilizers (some people call them slide out supports) for underneath the slide out (some people call them Tip outs.)

Camping World...

The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben31 View Post
Try a universal stabilizer from Camping World. Catalog number 34337. I use these under the main traler I - beam frame where the slideouts are located. They have made a world of difference (no puns here). You install them before sliding out, then take them down before you leave.
i just purchased 2 of these but haven't used them yet.
so they work well?

The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #13

This F/R unit had "14 supports" under slides and frame even rear bimper,and when the owner went in/out the door the unit Still Rocked! They were going to put on "Step supports" next! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4645.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	416.4 KB
ID:	106691   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4646.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	106692   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4658.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	106693  
Old 05-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Slide outs and the use of the supports AKA stabilizers or that Forest River urges the use of them?
my 2012 Salem 27RKSS came with a sheet which had several recommendations - one was the use of stabilizers (some people call them slide out supports) for underneath the slide out (some people call them Tip outs.)

Camping World...
That's completely opposite of what I've always heard and been told. I'd be interested to see any documentation that says to use them.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #15
Moderators' Assistant

Yep, everything I've read says NOT to use suppotrs under the slideouts.
That's from the RV manufacturers and the slideout mechanisms manufacturers.

If anything, install some stabilizers braces, like Steady-Fast.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #16

I've owned several fivers with slides and I too have never heard of any manufacturer endorsing slideout supports should you leave your slides out more than a day or two. Many winter over with the slides out for months with no support nor any issue ... MilCop4523 ... where is this info coming from???
Old 05-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Forest River urges owners not to leave teh slide outs unsupported if extended for more than 24 to 48 hours. go to Camping world on line and order them but please measure the height of the slide out to ensure you order the correct length. friends didn't and they got the ones that were too short for their trailer slides.

we use ours with the Lynx Levelers and it takes that BOUNCE out of the trailer when you are walking or getting ready to sit down.

you take some newer trailers have the fridge in the slide out, a dinning table and sofa or chairs...
set 4 X 200 plus people into a 1500 lb slide out and the rails have been known to at the least twist or sag.
I've never heard of this as well. We have a 3008 Windjammer that the slides stay out for weeks. Have not had any issues that I know about.

PLEASE link or show where Forest River urges owners not to do this.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #18

My Columbus documentation does not mention this and it is also my first time ever hearing this. I too would love to see this in writing if it is being recommended. I recently spent the winter in Stone Mountain, GA being the longest I have spend in the RV with slides out. Did not have a problem. I certainly would not want to cause one so, I am very interested in getting to the bottom of this.

Anyone form Forest River monitoring these? please comment....

Thank you!
Medic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #19
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Forest River urges owners not to leave teh slide outs unsupported if extended for more than 24 to 48 hours. go to Camping world on line and order them but please measure the height of the slide out to ensure you order the correct length. friends didn't and they got the ones that were too short for their trailer slides.

we use ours with the Lynx Levelers and it takes that BOUNCE out of the trailer when you are walking or getting ready to sit down.

you take some newer trailers have the fridge in the slide out, a dinning table and sofa or chairs...

set 4 X 200 plus people into a 1500 lb slide out and the rails have been known to at the least twist or sag.

My Sabre owner's manual specifically called out slide supports and said NOT to use them.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:07 PM   #20
Who Dares, Wins

Hopefully he returns with his source but I thought this was maybe done YEARS ago before things got better with the slides. But with the modern systems this was done away with.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out