Old 10-26-2015, 12:59 PM   #11
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrpkr View Post
Storage??? Up here in the PNW storage is for the lawn mower. We camp year round and work on our mods at the campground.
Same here in central Oregon. We just got home last night after being blown off of a mountain. I will winterize but we won't stop going all winter. You get pretty good at the winterizing process when you do it 5 or 6 times a winter or more!

Now thats the spirit. Going to have to talk the old Gal into a couple of snowmobiling trips in New Hampshire - theres a site that stays open year round

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:02 PM   #12

We winterized our Forester MBS and will camp every month through the winter. That rig is not going to sit! We just change how we do things to make it happen. And yes, Washington State but we still winterize.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

We know the feeling!! (But winter is a great time to plan upgrades and mods and camping trips next year!!)

6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #14
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendOrLarry View Post
Same here in central Oregon. We just got home last night after being blown off of a mountain. I will winterize but we won't stop going all winter. You get pretty good at the winterizing process when you do it 5 or 6 times a winter or more!
I do not do quite that many re do on winterizing but I do a couple. Already done mine but have a trip coming up in Dec & one in Feb. Weather here is unpredictable this time of year so I always take the safe course. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
This has been our first summer with an rv. Sadly, I had to put her away for the winter. All winterized, battery out and Irish spring shavings and bounce sheets everywhere. Since we have a large back yard that Is where I parked it. WHAT A MISTAKE! Now every time I look out of the kitchen window I see the trailer. Dam!
Mine sits outside by my kitchen, and has power to it all the time. I leave a light on so I can see inside from my kitchen. Some times my dog convinces me to go out there and watch the TV. Lol!

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #16
2003 Georgetown 325

ColoradoRick; Now you know why dogs bite people.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #17

Some of our best camp adventures happen after most winterize their rigs. We have a camp ground on the Columbia River that have special winter weekend events.

One in early to mid Dec when the Christmas Ships come downstream from Portland area and put on a show for about an hour. The park owners sponsor a potluck meal.

Afterwards we all go down to the rivers edge and warm our tushes at the HUGE bondfire and watch the Christmas Ships light show. They also have a New Years event similiar to the Christmas ships weekend.

These two trips allow us to get our year end camp trip in and our first trip of the year in the books. Then and only then do we consider putting our 5er to sleep for the rest of the winter.

Tom Stillman
Vancouver, WA
2012 Forest River Wildcat Sterling Edition
2010 Ford F350 Super cab (With all the junk taken off) With H&S tuner and set of bags on the back.
tstillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #18

Come om down to the Carolinas. Camp year round and the 5vr is my man cave a lot os Sunday afternoons.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #19

We solved the problem of winterizing and storage by simply going to Texas for the winter. There they call you a "Winter Texan" and say that if come back for 10 years, you can drop the "Winter" part. Friendliest people we have ever met and plenty of spaces in the Rio Grande Valley resorts/campgrounds (hear that Bob V). Remember the old saying "in Texas, they welcome you with open arms, in Florida, they welcome you with open palms".
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
Come om down to the Carolinas. Camp year round and the 5vr is my man cave a lot os Sunday afternoons.
My 5er, dog and I will be heading to SC as soon as I get my prosthetic and can walk again! I just need my surgeons permission to get fitted for it and then learn to walk.

I can't wait, hopefully by Christmas! It has been a year on Thursday, way to long!

Jim

oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote