Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
Once and future camper

Brake Issue

I picked up the new TT at the dealer and hit the road with the family. It took a while to adjust the brake setting to "feel" right. Then one day when I was taking it to storage, I noticed that only one wheel was braking. Needless to say, it went to the dealer the next day.

Two weeks later, I called to check on the status. They told me that the mechanic was also having trouble adjusting the settings. He was checking with the manufacture for help.

Today, end of the third week, I got a call that it was ready. I inquired as to the problem and was told that when the wheel assembly was put together at the factory, there was grease on the drum. So, it took the dealer 3 weeks to disassemble the brake and discover the problem.

So, as a word of advice, CHECK EVERYTHING.
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

You would have thought that would be the first place to start looking for the problem. How can they spend three weeks looking at a wheel drum without ever removing the drum to look inside?

Sounds like replacing a light bulb in a lamp three times only to find out the lamp is plugged in to a wall receptacle controlled by a switch.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
Site Team

I bet the unit set on the lot 90% of that time with nothing being done.

You make a good point about checking everything.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
Once and future camper

I got it back last night, and what a difference. Fortunately, most of the trips before the service was on flatland. Now, I am heading to New Mexico in a week and will be crossing some mountains.

It just feels right knowing that the trailier is back. When it was in the shop, I felt tied to the house.
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes