Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2015, 12:15 AM   #1

Brought home Rockwood 2905SS and have questions

So I picked up my Rockwood 2905SS on Monday and I thought I was buying a 2015, but when I signed the paperwork I found out it is a 2016. I am happy about that, but I have a few questions.

During the walk through I asked about roof maintenance. On my Mini Lite I had to paint the Dicor sealant once per year. It was white and my new roof is beige with beige sealant. I asked the employee if they had a beige sealant paint and he told me that the sealant has changed and no longer needs painted. He said it's more of a foam now with no maintenance needed. Anyone else been told this or have this type of sealant?

Second thing is the hide-a-bed. It has the EZ sleep sofa bed and before traveling home I stopped at a state park just to see how different it will be to back onto the sites. Once there I went inside the trailer and found the sofa bed had tried to open and was resting against the kitchen cabinet. I see no way to lock it in place so I brought it home with the cushions between the sofa and the cabinet. Is there a way to lock these in place?

The last question for now is on the electric tongue jack. Is there such a thing as over extending the jack or will it stop on its own? I have never had an electric tongue jack and don't want to mess anything up. I would ask these questions to the service department, but I asked a question there about another item and I know that the answer I got was not true. Everyone here has more experience and knowledge that I can trust so thanks in advance.

Everything else has been as expected so far. I have found a few things that need fixed, tightened, lubed, or touched up. Will be camping in it for the first time on May 9th so I'm sure I will find more then.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:50 PM   #2

Any thoughts at least on the sealant on the roof? It does appear to be a foam type sealant, but I'm not sure if it will be "maintenance free". Anybody familiar with this new sealant?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #3

Congrats on the new unit. I have a 2014 V-lite. I also inquired about my roof with my service department. They are typically a wealth of information. In this instance they were wrong. They recommend an application of a UV protectant. However, the manufacturer does not recommend any sort of treatment. They also caution that it may actually damage the roofing material. Refer to the information packet that should have come with your unit. I clean mine every few months with Spic and Span. I have also had bubbles form on the roof in the summer months. If this happens don't be alarmed. It's normal and the roof will reset itself.

My TV is a Silverado 2500, I've never had a problem over working the nose jack. On delivery the tech almost lifted the rear of the truck off the ground demonstrating the hitch hook up.

Enjoy your trip. We are also going next weekend. Headed to beautiful Gulf Shores AL.
Damule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #4

Thank you for that information, I really appreciate it. Have a good trip yourself, wish I was going to your location, that sounds awesome.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:50 PM   #5

I have the same issue with my EZ Sleep Hide-A-Bed sofa. Every time I drive the sofa extends to the sleeping position and slams against my bathroom door. Does anyone know if the sofa bed can be "locked" in the sofa position? Any ideas of how to keep it from extending during driving? Thanks.
tntbream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #6

It took me a little while to figure out the sofa bed. Ours, you lift front edge of bottom cushion frame and push back then lower frame. There is a hook on both sides of seat cushion frame and loops on seat back. The loops are easy to see with seat back cushion removed, the hooks are a bit tougher to find unless you really look for them.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
It took me a little while to figure out the sofa bed. Ours, you lift front edge of bottom cushion frame and push back then lower frame. There is a hook on both sides of seat cushion frame and loops on seat back. The loops are easy to see with seat back cushion removed, the hooks are a bit tougher to find unless you really look for them.
Thanks for the info, what kind of trailer do you have? Make, model, and year? I will look at mine tomorrow to see if I can find the hooks and loops.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #8

2015 8329 Rockwood ultra lite

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #9
Site Team

The tongue jack should ratchet at both ends of its usable travel. Once you hear the ratchet, you should release the switch.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
The tongue jack should ratchet at both ends of its usable travel. Once you hear the ratchet, you should release the switch.
Okay, Thank You.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #11

it's also much easier/faster to put a stack of lynx blocks or wood under the electric tongue jack when you raise it up so you don't have to sit there holding the button forever waiting for it to slowly extend. This also insures you have plenty of space to clear the hitch if you are on a very unlevel site.
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood