Old 01-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
Baltimore MD
Bubble on the inside wall

Sorry first time posting I had this in the wrong section.
I might buy a used 2008 Rockwood 8318SS today. The Guy is asking $15,000 I looked at it last night and there was only one thing I was worred about. Right above the rear slideout on the right hand side the inside wall has a bubble about 4 inches around and bulging about 1 inch. I pushed on it and it felt like the glue would hold it then it poped back out. I asked if he had any water leaks and he said he has never had any problems with the trailer he only used it 4 times.

calbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
As long as there is air behind the panel getting it to stay in place will be next to impossible. If it's possible to drill a very small hole and insert a needle with adhesive in there you can correct the problem. Are there any indications looking at it from outside of any bad sealant? More than likely it has had the bubble since day one if there's no staining evident. I had a similar issue with a Keystone Litehouse. I used a 1/16" drill bit, after the adhesive dried I filled the hole with a dab of caulk. Good luck with your new purchase.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Baltimore MD
Thanks for the info I am going back today to look at the outside an little closer. I really think its a good price for my first TT. Is there a way to check vin # like you check a car's vin # with CarFax. I just would like to see if there has been any major repairs.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Cyber Phrenologist
I wonder if you could call Forest River or the dealer he bought it from to see if any warranty work has been done? Speaking of warranty, how come the current owner did not or can't fix the bubble under warranty?

You could get an extra carbon monoxide detector and put over the bubble!
Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Baltimore MD
He claims he never had a leak and he not sure when the bubble started. I was going to take it to the place he bought from to see how bad the damage is. But I started another thread to get some opinions on if I should buy a trailer that has a problem. I loved the trailer and the carbon monoxide detector would work for me if it not major damage.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
My 2 cents so spend it how you choose....

when you pushed on it you felt "like the glue would hold it then it poped back out"

my guess and I'm only guessing is that when the wallboard (and it's mighty thin stuff) was applied there may have been some flex and not enough glue applied. I like cfsoistman's idea of drilling a small hole to release the air and adding glue.

go over the roof and look for anything that may look like a hole

I don't know that model but 15k sounds like a pretty good deal to me
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
We had a issue with the rear slide out also, it was a leak, My dealer ( we live in PA.) talked with Forest River about it and Forest River sent a driver to pick up my trailer and drove it back to the Factory, they replaced the entier wall and repaird the leak. They were so great about it.

Steve and Michelle
two boys, and One yellow lab
831KRSS 2008
2004 Chev.Avalanche
Stelrs59 is offline   Reply With Quote