Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #1

Bunks and Negotiations

Greetings. My wife and I are exploring the possibility of moving up to an RV with bunks. If you have bunks in your RV, would love to hear pros and cons, and whether or not you like that feature. Would also like to get any tips about negotiating a purchase price with a dealer. A neighbor who has owned several RVs said to start the negotiation by knocking 32% off the MSRP on a new RV. Has anyone tried this successfully?
Thank you.
JerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:02 PM   #2

Bunks are all about sleeping room and kids. Im at the couple's stage of my rv career and would never look at a bunk model.

If you are looking at a new unit I would go to rvtrader.com search the exact model nationwide and then go to the dealer with the lowest price unit listed and that should be the price or I would be buying elsewhere. (I don't deal with nonsense fees like dealer prep etc) Sales price tax and plate only or I go elsewhere.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:23 PM   #3

Right. The pros of bunks is that it gives the kids a place to sleep. I prefer bunks because it gives the kids a place of their own vs converting a table or couch to a be every night. The cons are the length and weight they add.

Good advice above regarding price. You may also want to get a comparison price from rvwholesaler.

Good luck.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
Bunks are all about sleeping room and kids....
Hardly...

We don't have kids and we specifically looked at bunk models for the storage space. We bought totes that fit in the bunks and store all manner of things on one bunk (cooking stuff/water/booze/camera gear/dog stuff/movies and entertainment stuff/tote with extra footwear/rain gear/dry foods/etc. -all labeled and out of the way. Motorcycle gear, kayak gear and fishing gear on the other bunk.

So glad I talked the wife into bunks (and so is she).
Old 01-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #5

Bunks and Negotiations

Many thanks for the quick responses on bunks and great tips on negotiating a good price. Very much appreciated,
JerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #6

We had a bunk house for the kids but now it's a rear kitchen for us. So much more living space and the wife loves the floor plan. As said bunk houses are the thing with kids but we would not consider going back to one now. That being said tastes and mileage vary.......
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, bunks