Buying a Travel Trailer? Additional costs list.
Hi everyone, just purchased a new 2015 Rockwood 2702 SS, pull with a 1/2 ton Silverado. For any newbies thinking of a purchase here are some additional costs you may encounter.
1) Insurance. Progressive- $400.00 a year.
2) Air suspension. Air Lift- $400.00 As I found out, while nice to have, this is not needed. Does absolutely nothing to reduce sway, see next item.
3) Load equalizing/ sway control hitch. Equalizer- $470.00 with new ball. Purchasing in a few days.
4) RV cover. Goldline- $550.00. Because I live in FL. this is a necessity.
5) Tire Pressure monitor system. EEZ RV Products- $250.00 Since you will have no idea what is happening with your trailer tires the piece of mind this provides is priceless. Very nice wireless unit with excellent range.
6) Rear view camera. Rear View Safety- $350.00. Wireless. Purchasing in a few days.
7) Dehumidifier. New Air 25 pint- $170.00 Another necessity here in FL. Especially needed during the winter months when the trailer inside temp will be warmer than outside. Has provision for a drain line.
8)Surge protector/analyzer. Progressive Industries- $350.00