Old 08-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #1

Buying from RV direct

We are thinking about ordering a Rockwood TT from RV Direct and was wondering if anyone out there has ordered from them and if so, what was your experience.

Thanks

Old 08-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #2

RV Direct Purchase

I purchased my fist camper from RV Direct and picked it up at a repair facility in Elkhart. I was pleased with the process during the initial phase all the way through the walk through. The business even cleared out enough shop space to allow me room to back in the camper and part of my truck out of the rain so that I could install my hitch and anti-sway. All went well and when I sold the unit after four years, I got within $400 of getting back all of my original investment. $100 a year is not too bad for a camper.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #3

That's great. I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. It looks like they are going to have the best price out there. We would also pick it up in Elkhart.
Thanks so much for your reply. It helps to talk to someone who has actually done business with them.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #4

We bought our Georgetown last year from RVdirect.com and have to say that the entire process went very smoothly and we have been very pleased with our rig. They beat our local dealer by at least $17K on our rig.

Keep in mind that your local dealer will probably refuse to service the rig if you can't get it back to RVdirect for repair work. In our case this was a non issue as our local dealer is a bunch of worthless idiots that know less about RVs than my doorknob. I was happy to do my own work on our rig for the few small problems that came up. Also keep in mind that you don't have to take your rig to a "Forest River" dealer for repairs on things such as the appliances, awnings, A/C units, microwave, generator etc. These items can be easily serviced under their individual manufacturer warranties at a dealer that is an authorized service center for that item.

If you are capable of doing small repairs yourself to things like plumbing or adjusting cabinet doors, etc then RVdirect is a great way to buy an RV.

I think the RV dealers need to take notice that RV buyers are tired of their "70s used car salesman" tactics and that we demand more respect and service when purchasing a major item that can easily cost thousands if not the hundreds of thousands depending on the rig.

100% satisfied with our experience with RVdirect.com
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #5

My husband can fix just about anything so the fact that we wouldn't be able to take it back to RV direct for repairs shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the info. That's good to know about warranty work on appliances etc.
We are going to give our local dealer a chance to make a sale but after seeing the price that RV direct can give us Im not holding out much hope of buying it locally.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #6

By all means, give the local guy a chance, we did but our local dealer is a bunch of known low lifes with a bad reputation. Even if we had bought from them I wouldn't have taken my rig to them for service. Hope you can buy from your local but if not RVdirect is a great way to buy an RV and save money....
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #7

Has anyone that bought from RV direct financed through them also?. They told me they can do everything by phone and email. They also offer $500.00 off if you finance through them. Just wondering if that process went smoothly also.
Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #8

We did finance through them or should I say they set up the financing. They set us up with US Bank, which if you have seen the other thread on this forum about them is probably not a great choice, although they work with many lenders. Again, it was a seamless and very easy transaction to work with them. They paid for FedEx overnight both ways when paperwork needed to be signed and were very good with communication throughout the entire process.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #9

Any Canadian out there buying from RV Direct ? Was it as straight forward as they claim? And how much duty were you hit with at Border?
Robert- ready to buy
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Jutras View Post
Any Canadian out there buying from RV Direct ? Was it as straight forward as they claim? And how much duty were you hit with at Border?
Robert- ready to buy
Here's a thread about Canadians purchasing from RVW but the information will also apply for RV Direct...

Buy from RVWholsalers in Ohio???

I've dealt with RV Direct and it is as simple as they say.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote