Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #21

My unit comes with 30'
I carry an extra 25' and a 50'...don't use them very often, maybe twice a season, but I have them just in case.
I helped fellow campers more than once with these spare cords
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #22

We have the 25' that came with the TT. Bought a 50' for the time we need it. Have had a few trips where we were SO very glad we had the extra 50'. We run on 30 amps.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #23
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
And a multimeter. .... Jus sayin
Correct ... and multimeter

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #24

And with all those cords you can roll them up in a 5 gallon bucket for storage. It keeps all the dirt in the bucket and not in the storage compartment.
kcjoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
You guys are all making me nervous...with my single 25 (or maybe 30?) foot cord. I've used ALL of it a time or two, but have yet to find the need for a run to the camp store (or further) for an extension. I'm sure that day will come though.
I don't think you were a Boy Scout as in be prepared. For the piece of mind of not being a foot short. There is that fine line of being prepared and then looking like a utility truck.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
You guys are all making me nervous...with my single 25 (or maybe 30?) foot cord. I've used ALL of it a time or two, but have yet to find the need for a run to the camp store (or further) for an extension. I'm sure that day will come though.

In Paden City, WV the park owner had cords on the ground for 400' or 800' between light poles. I wasn't on the long cord but happy to get in their being my drive would have one hour longer each way and no cell service at the nearest campground.

In Riverton, LA my water supply was 250' away.

You never know what you can get in to. Both places help to the sites be as friendly as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #27

Well, the dealer would not get us a power cord so we went ahead and ordered a 50' cord from Amazon yesterday. We are tired of not having any power in the camper when we have gone to clean it up and work on it. We still don't know if the AC, TV and microwave work since we haven't had the camper plugged in. This is a car dealership that we bought the camper from. They are letting us store it free in a huge building they have where they detail cars. The only reason they had the camper in the first place is because the previous owners are friends of the owner of the dealership so he took the camper as a trade-in. I'm still positive he knew there was no power cord to it and just kept stringing us along until he sold out to his partner and left the business within a month of us buying it. The main reason I think they knew there was no cord is because why would they put the camper for sale on Craigslist without having the electricity hooked up and lights on inside so people can see it? When we looked at it, there were no lights on inside the camper, the only light was from what came in through the windows from the building it is stored inside. I don't know how people can do business like that. We will be needing a new tow vehicle in a few years and I know they won't have our business.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #28

I carry an extra 50 footer along with the 30 foot cord that was supplied with the camper.

Days camped 2014 - 0, 2015 - 24
IlliniJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #29
Site Team

Sorry to hear that the dealer didn't step up to do the right thing. I never could understand why a business would spend money on advertising only to undermine it afterwards.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger60 View Post
Well, the dealer would not get us a power cord so we went ahead and ordered a 50' cord from Amazon yesterday. We are tired of not having any power in the camper when we have gone to clean it up and work on it. We still don't know if the AC, TV and microwave work since we haven't had the camper plugged in. This is a car dealership that we bought the camper from. They are letting us store it free in a huge building they have where they detail cars. The only reason they had the camper in the first place is because the previous owners are friends of the owner of the dealership so he took the camper as a trade-in. I'm still positive he knew there was no power cord to it and just kept stringing us along until he sold out to his partner and left the business within a month of us buying it. The main reason I think they knew there was no cord is because why would they put the camper for sale on Craigslist without having the electricity hooked up and lights on inside so people can see it? When we looked at it, there were no lights on inside the camper, the only light was from what came in through the windows from the building it is stored inside. I don't know how people can do business like that. We will be needing a new tow vehicle in a few years and I know they won't have our business.

'I', as most likely some others thought that you bought your unit from a RV 'Dealer..... not a used car sDealer....

50 is a long cord, most of the time you will need on about 15 feet.

Every RV Dealer has power cords laying all over the place and this threw up a red flag to me/'us'. If the used car Dealer got the RV and it had no cord, he may have not had any idea of where to go to get one or how to install it etc, etc.....

It it the best thing all around that you really went and go your own cord to your liking. Now we hope everything works. The car dealer did you a favor... Or greatly ripped you off. You should have tested every system before you bought the unit.....

imo.... not being too negative, but that should have been a red flag that you could not test everything, so I would say 'something does not smell right'.....

Hope everything is alright. Please let us know.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #31

How long do you get to store your camper in his building? Covered storage (free) is worth a whole lot more than a power cord for sure.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:31 PM   #32

The more I read this thread, the more I feel the OP is going to need more than a power cord.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
The more I read this thread, the more I feel the OP is going to need more than a power cord.
I'm hoping not but I also have the same concern.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power