Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Or you might like these.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...der+inspection
__________________

__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #12
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,768
I've had to stop and ditch veggies as well at the northern CA borders; fair enough - CA grows a large percent of the countries food and pests are a serious economic issue for growers.

Here is WA state, I have been pulled over to have my kayak inspected for millfoil (water weed) that is clogging waterways. It's an invasive species and is causing millions of dollars in damage.

Canada has some similar provisions at the border... My band did a tour there a few years ago and one of my band mates had a bag of apples in the car at the border. She was so offended at the demand to hand them over for disposal, that she refused and we pulled over while she ate all 5 apples in the sack. This was a horrible idea btw.... it torqued off the border guards who took the opportunity to search the car and more horribly had some substantial digestive repercussions a couple of hours down the road...
__________________

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #13
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post

Thanks! I guess you really do learn something new every day!

Since I've met my quota for the day I guess I should head to bed.




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #14
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I've had to stop and ditch veggies as well at the northern CA borders; fair enough - CA grows a large percent of the countries food and pests are a serious economic issue for growers.

Here is WA state, I have been pulled over to have my kayak inspected for millfoil (water weed) that is clogging waterways. It's an invasive species and is causing millions of dollars in damage.

Canada has some similar provisions at the border... My band did a tour there a few years ago and one of my band mates had a bag of apples in the car at the border. She was so offended at the demand to hand them over for disposal, that she refused and we pulled over while she ate all 5 apples in the sack. This was a horrible idea btw.... it torqued off the border guards who took the opportunity to search the car and more horribly had some substantial digestive repercussions a couple of hours down the road...
Yep - she really showed them old mean guards who's boss.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Taranwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,446
I've never heard of a state having a checkpoint entering from another state for anything. Why am I not surprised that it's CA.

I'm sure if you tell them that you're only smuggling illegal aliens, or pot from CO, but no other veggies or produce, they'll let you through no problem...
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)27 ('17) 20
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #16
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Yep - she really showed them old mean guards who's boss.

Nothing like sticking it to the man!
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I've never heard of a state having a checkpoint entering from another state for anything. Why am I not surprised that it's CA.:

Florida has some kind of agriculture check points, but I've never stopped nor do I know if I'm supposed to. Never got stopped for it.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing as CA.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
BooBoo23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: West Atlanta Metro
Posts: 1,109
Florida has similar regulations, they don't want anything getting into their citrus products plus they grow lots of strawberries and other vegetables. On my last trip a couple months ago I stopped at the check station pulling a TT but was just waved on.
__________________
2014 Palomino Puma 25RS
2011 F-150 Super Crew XLT
Days camped in 2014 - 23 Camped 2015-47
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
25 yrs ago I helped a buddy move to CA and he had a four wheeler in the truck which had mud on the tires. They asked where we he was from, then asked what county. Lucky for us we were not from a quarantined county, or we would of had to wash the four wheeler before we entered.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Washoe Valley NV
Posts: 100
Fruit Flies

Oh California has the agriculture check points. I believe that the dreaded fruit fly is the main bug they are trying to stop. I think it was in the 80's when they had the huge infestation that caused all kinds of crop loss.
Fortunately for us since we are from western Nevada they will wave us thru but we have seen them inspect RV's from other states.
__________________

__________________
2012 Lexington 265 GTS
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.