Old 02-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant

luckily, in most areas out on the West Coast, campground water is nearly always good.
we usually fill our FW tank with water from home and since we almost always dry camp.
we will shuttle campground water if we run out of our home water.
we do have the standard water filter that came with the trailer.

we use home and campground water for everything, including drinking/coffee water.
our society has become brainwashed regarding bottled water. i can imagine my grandparents' shock, if i told them that people are paying for water, instead of using the basically free water from home. and the water costs more than what they're paying for gasoline, anywhere from 3x and up versus the cost of gasoline.
http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...-bottled-water

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #12

you spent all that time driving to the camp site and drank the water .now u will spend longer on the toilet. we drink bottled water

Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #13
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Sounds like we all live in a third world country with all the water filtering going on. Just saying.
Not me- I'm a prima dona!

We carry 3 of the 2.5 gallon water jugs and 2-3 cases of water. My family of 4 goes through about 1.5 - 2 gallons of drinking water a day.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #14

I work for Dr Pepper / Snapple Group. When we started selling bottled water 15 - 20 years ago, I couldn't stop laughing 'cause I thought nobody is going to buy water when one can get it for free. We now sell just as much water as we do soda.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Poopypants View Post
I work for Dr Pepper / Snapple Group. When we started selling bottled water 15 - 20 years ago, I couldn't stop laughing 'cause I thought nobody is going to buy water when one can get it for free. We now sell just as much water as we do soda.
Does your name come from (Drinking Water)? Youroo!!
Old 02-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #16

Depends on the campground & area in NN VA we used the campground water. Just about everywhere else we also use the campground water sometimes filtered sometimes not never any issues. In Myrtle Beach the water tastes salty & the campground we go to provides free purified water (you provide the container). We do wash, shower, brush teeth with the campground water everywhere.

We do drink bottled water but that is more of a habit........ oh wait that might not have been water a little too strong for that. Arrrrgg the guy might be out of business......... feds are no fun they want their tax.............

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #17
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricane View Post
you spent all that time driving to the camp site and drank the water .now u will spend longer on the toilet. we drink bottled water
i've been camping for over 30 years now and backpacked in the Sierras for a number of years and i've NEVER had any such "toilet" issues.

did use iodine tablets when backpacking but never had any issues with campground water, in those 30+ years.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #18

we always have filters before the camper....for city water connects....we prefer bottled water tho as it tastes better (usually but some citys have nice water systems)

quite honestly id be more worried about drinking water from my holding tank than the hose/filter i filled it up with....LOL..i mean we sanitize it n all, but i cant see in there....so hmmm!!

we have drank from it before without issue tho.....so if we HAD to we would....

just whatever ya know...its camping....ive drank from old hoses in a cotton field!? hahha
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

i've been camping for over 30 years now and backpacked in the Sierras for a number of years and i've NEVER had any such "toilet" issues.

did use iodine tablets when backpacking but never had any issues with campground water, in those 30+ years.

X2. Backbacking on the app. trail we filtered the water, never suffered issues. We have also never had an "toilet" issues from a campground water, just taste at times. My hubby complains more about a plastic taste from the hose no matter which hose I buy or how much I rinse it.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #20

We bring our drinking water from home (tap). Our small parrot camps with us and had some problems with campground water. Bird vets aren't cheap! We use the campground water with an outside filter for everything else. One campground we stayed at had a lot of sulfur in their water. The smell was terrible and the color of the water in the swimming pool wasn't too inviting!

Bob

retiredcamper47 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water