Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #1

Camp Grounds?

Can anyone give me information on campgrounds in the NJ, Eastern PA and DE area? I am loking for nice campgrounds with amentites for kids especially water related activities, like water slides or activity pools. We live in S. Jersey abt 1 hr from Atlantic City or 1 hr from Phila. We have 2 boys ages 6 (almost 7) and 4 yrs old, also have a 5 month old daughter. We enjoy weekend camping but need things for the kids to do. We just got back from Frontier Town in Ocean City, MD for a week and the kids had an absolute blast! They loved the water park.

I have a catalog of campgrounds on the East Coast but it is a bit dated (2002) so the information is not the most current.

Any input would be appreciated such as places you have been or have heard about. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike & Lori Russo
Jared 6, Ryan 4, & Peyton 5 months.
Haley 1.5 yrs old (German Shepherd)
lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

On our home page there is a box labeled "Helpful Links"

Click on campground reviews. That may be of help.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #3

Mike / lori .

Hello, We are from Harleysville Pa. (born and raised in Philly.) Here are a fww good camp grounds that my family and frieds go to offen

In NJ. OceanView. Great for kids. Nice and clean CG.
In Pa. We have a few we like : Keen Lake , up in the Endless Mts. One of our Fav. to go when the leaves change. This CG is great for kids and adults. Clean

Also in Pa. Lake in Wood. This is probally the most clean CG you will ever go to ( unless you go to Dinsey ) The pool area is great. They have a swim up kid bar., samll water park , hot tub and indoor and out door pools. And it is in Lancaster Country. you have to go the Shady Maple on Sat. for breakfast. Awsome food!!

In Md. for your kids at their age, you HAVE to go to Frontier Town!! It is in Ocean City Md. The show is awsome for kids oh yea, I had a blast too. lol.
2004 Chev.Avalanche
Stelrs59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #4

Mike /lori, sorry, I hit the send button then I noticed you went to Frontier Town, Sorry about that. I have another one that I would like to tell you about but it is in Va. It is called Bethpage Cg. very clean resort, They have a nice pool area and a awsome beach area. Not that many activities for the kids, they do have activities, but not as much as some CG. This was our second trip there. Another one in Pa is called Otter lake , great activities for the kids, nice beach area. and a indoor pool with hot tub.

Hope this help and Happy Camping!!
2004 Chev.Avalanche
Stelrs59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:08 AM   #5

Have you been to the Gettysburg PA area? There is Drummer Boy on RT 116 just off RT 15, then there is Granite Hills in the same area and Camp Round Top which is off of RT 15 just down from Drummer Boy. We also go to Frontier town as well, the site number where request a lot is K-10. We were support to be at Frontier Town last week as well, but with just getting back from a two vacation in Myrtle Beach we decided to cancel the OC trip, but we will be there next year.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #6

Thanks for all the great information! I knew this was the place to ask...

Radio, I thought there would be a place on this site with camp ground info. but wasn't sure where. I will most definetaly look up the "helpful links".

Sterls59, I will look into the camp grounds you mentioned, especially Lake in Wood. My kids are "addicted" to activity pools and slides. Also you mentioned Frontier Town. It is our most favorite place to go. We go every year for the past 6 and prior to that we went to Fort Whaley (we couldn't get a reservation at Frontier Town).

Rockwood, speaking of Frontier Twon, we actually had site K9 last week when we went and made our reservations for 2009 and 2010 while we were there. We have K10 for our reservation in 2010.

Thanks again. Mike & Lori
Old 07-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori08360 View Post
Thanks for all the great information! I knew this was the place to ask...

Radio, I thought there would be a place on this site with camp ground info. but wasn't sure where. I will most definetaly look up the "helpful links".

Sterls59, I will look into the camp grounds you mentioned, especially Lake in Wood. My kids are "addicted" to activity pools and slides. Also you mentioned Frontier Town. It is our most favorite place to go. We go every year for the past 6 and prior to that we went to Fort Whaley (we couldn't get a reservation at Frontier Town).

Rockwood, speaking of Frontier Twon, we actually had site K9 last week when we went and made our reservations for 2009 and 2010 while we were there. We have K10 for our reservation in 2010.

Thanks again. Mike & Lori
We will be in K-10 next year, not sure of the dates, but some time at the end of July or the first week in August.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #8

Rockwood, next year the only site we cold get was L8 and it is in June (as soon as the kids get done school). I was a little disappointed bc we always go the 3rd week in July but I waited too long to make our reservation and June was all they had. Oh well, atleast we were able to get in somewhere. I'm sure we will have fun regardless of the date...