Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #1

Camp grounds in West Palm Beach area

Can anyone recommend a good campground in the West palm beach Fort Lauderdale area? We have a wedding to attend in January in Fort Lauderdale and also have family in the West Palm area do we decided to make a long camping weekend out of it. I was hoping to get maybe some where between the two so the drive will not be to bad but I don't mind being closer to one. I am looking for full hookup, 50 amp service, and can handle a 43' rig.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #2

Well planning this trip was a bust. Any campgrounds that were not completely plugged full by snow birds(no offense if you are one, I completely understand I don't like cold weather either), could not accommodate the length of our 5er. I never even thought when we bought this thing that campgrounds would be more issue that driving the thing. Unfortunately I know have to book a hotel room for the weekend that will cost more the a week at one of the camp grounds. It's killing me to go tons hotel now!

Old 12-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #3

KOA Davie, and there's a campground in Margate that takes only large rigs but speaking French helps
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #4

We were going to do the KOA but when we looked into it it was going to be a lot of driving and take away from the family time we were looking for. KOA lion country safari was in perfect location but longest site is 40'. We should have planned earlier and we would have had a better chance.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #5

That's funny, I couldn't stay in Margate close to my sister because Rv's 24" foot and to small, but anyway both Margate and Davie are in Ft Lauderdale area Broward County.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #6

Thanks for the info anyway. The one in margate looks like the rules states it must be a class a motor home so I don't know if they would allow my 5er. We were going to stay at vacation inn in west palm would have been a 5 minute drive to my sisters but the max length 5er they allow is 40' because their roads are to narrow and you can't maneuver anything longer than that.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #7

Check out lion country safari campground. Won't be disappointed. It's just west of west palm Bch fl. In loxahatchee fl.

Jim and Ruby
justpassinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:12 PM   #8

We have stayed at Markham park before. It's a broward county run park. Lots of space and not likely any snowbirds. As far west as you can go and not be in the Everglades yet easy to come into the side of the city or pick up the expressways. Large sites look at a google sat view. But I can't remember if they have sewers. You may have to use the dump station. Lots of wildlife at night. The raccoons and armadillos will stroll right across your campsite in the evenings.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:54 AM   #9

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately we are going to have to go to a hotel for this trip.😢 I was unable to take the extra days off work to make towing the 5er down there worth it. I think we checked Markham Park and they did not have any available sites for our time frame. We have stayed at Lion country safari before and loved it but that was with our 35' motor home. When I called them to reserve this trip they said the longest site they had was 40' and I am 43' pin to bumper. Disappointing because we enjoyed that location and now it's not an option.