Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #21

Update: I started checking around and there is a campground not far from where the camper is currently stored that offers storage. The campground is rather large and the entrance is gated. There are people who live there year around. So it would appear it may be a little more secure, I was talking to the manager telling her about the thefts and she said " yeh and what about the travel trailer they stole " needless to say I was not advised of that when I reported the battery theft. I will be checking out the campground on Monday, and they are $20.00 per month cheaper. I just feel the need to move my TT.
Where I currently have it stored handles everything from lawn equipment, wrecked cars and you name it .

Chuck "still in Va "
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
Yes this is true, but when your at a campground somebodies going to say something if they see a guy using a pry bar on a door, don't make it easy for them. If your in an area that is that bad that they are bold enough to go in with a pry bar you shouldn't be camping there or you shouldn't be storing there. As to the storage place it was a secured area so more than likely someone that stores their stuff there has the stuff that was stolen. Using a hunters trail cam in the storage area and putting a brand new battery as bait might nab you a thief.
I agree but in the just under 900 site campground that we just stayed even with security patrols a thief could walk up to an empty camper pop a storage door & be gone with what they want in less that 60 seconds.

But I rarely lock our doors at a campground & have never had anything taken my bigger concern is while stored or in transit.

As far as to where we live the area has had at one time recently over 20% unemployment & copper, catalytic converters, batteries etc have been major items for thieves ....they are even taking outside AC units from houses & businesses (churches are the biggest targets)

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, storage