Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #1

Campground etiquette

We are currently staying at Up the Creek in Pigeon Forge, TN. It is beautiful. We have a deluxe creek side site. It is right on the creek. As we checked in, the printed rules were given to us which states that campers are supposed to respect other campers and not walk through others campsites. This is a pet leave of mine anyway. One thing I love is to be able to open the shade and look at the water early in the morning lying in the bed sometimes. Yesterday morning, imagine my surprise as I was lying there and the neighbor with two dogs was not just walking them by the creek but exactly next to my window. She was even looking in. We have a dog and I get early morning walks but definitely not right next to someone's camper or through their site. It would not have bothered me so much if it was a little further away. Anyone else have a problem with this?

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #2

Unless there is a High fence Totally around your Site,it is going to Happen! A Low fence allows them to Lift the dog over it! Its the People Not the Dog! Youroo!!
Old 06-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #3

its ignorance and by that I mean some just don't know better. My kids did that once and my oldest was 16 and I told them to go around , they thought it was like a public park not realizing that people are paying for the site and they're here to relax not watch strangers walk thru and maybe even get concerned that someone can take something. Its a bit rude I agree...
mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #4

We've stay at that cg many times. The way the layout is with the stream running on both sides makes makes it undefinable like a regular cg. It's going to happen. As for someone looking into your windows....not cool.
Wumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #5

My pet peeve is when the dog owners do not have their pets on a leash and let them roam over in our space to use the bathroom , And even this weekend let their dog urinate on our trash can while they were watching it do so

2015 Silverado Duramax w/Allison transmission
2014 surveyor 293RL fifth wheel
1surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #6
DDC

I had the same problem in the same trailer park they just could not see that it was your space.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:07 AM   #7
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1surveyor View Post
My pet peeve is when the dog owners do not have their pets on a leash and let them roam over in our space to use the bathroom , And even this weekend let their dog urinate on our trash can while they were watching it do so

I'd go poop in there's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I'd go poop in there's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I debated about bagging it and taking it back to them

2015 Silverado Duramax w/Allison transmission
2014 surveyor 293RL fifth wheel
1surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:29 PM   #9

Having neighbors is part of 'camping'..... Live with it and enjoy letting loose a little. If one gets too 'uptight' about 'encroachment'..... then interacting with the great outdoors and the animals and people that are there may not be 'your thing'..... you do have a choice, be nice and welcoming to those that 'wonder' around or stay home. Yes, you 'paid for that site'. you borrowed (rented) it for a while, but it is also nice to share with others. We all seems to get the neighbors that we deserve. If I am nice and friendly to my neighbors, I have made a friend for life, if I am an axx to my neighbors, then I should not be surprised if they are rude right back at me. Campers are almost 'open air' view points and it is very difficult NOT to look into some campers when one goes down a hiking path or the road way. People deck their campers out TO Be Seen.... and Show Off....
Learn to live with it and have a good time, or stay the way you are and live with a lot of unneeded stress.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #10
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Having neighbors is part of 'camping'..... Live with it and enjoy letting loose a little. If one gets too 'uptight' about 'encroachment'..... then interacting with the great outdoors and the animals and people that are there may not be 'your thing'..... you do have a choice, be nice and welcoming to those that 'wonder' around or stay home. Yes, you 'paid for that site'. you borrowed (rented) it for a while, but it is also nice to share with others. We all seems to get the neighbors that we deserve. If I am nice and friendly to my neighbors, I have made a friend for life, if I am an axx to my neighbors, then I should not be surprised if they are rude right back at me. Campers are almost 'open air' view points and it is very difficult NOT to look into some campers when one goes down a hiking path or the road way. People deck their campers out TO Be Seen.... and Show Off....
Learn to live with it and have a good time, or stay the way you are and live with a lot of unneeded stress.
I do tend to agree with this logic but there is a difference between those who "wonder around and are friendly" and those that are just "rude" and expect that everyting that is yours they are entitled too. I think the vast majority of campers are the former and I enjoy/welcome them. But I have zero tolerance for the latter!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Having neighbors is part of 'camping'..... Live with it and enjoy letting loose a little. If one gets too 'uptight' about 'encroachment'..... then interacting with the great outdoors and the animals and people that are there may not be 'your thing'..... you do have a choice, be nice and welcoming to those that 'wonder' around or stay home. Yes, you 'paid for that site'. you borrowed (rented) it for a while, but it is also nice to share with others. We all seems to get the neighbors that we deserve. If I am nice and friendly to my neighbors, I have made a friend for life, if I am an axx to my neighbors, then I should not be surprised if they are pricks right back at me. Campers are almost 'open air' view points and it is very difficult NOT to look into some campers when one goes down a hiking path or the road way. People deck their campers out TO Be Seen.... and Show Off....
Sorry, but we have been camping a very long time and enjoy it. We also respect other people and their space. There is a huge difference between a hiking path, road and right next to the back of a MH where there is clearly no place to walk.

We are great neighbor campers. Love to visit and share. I will continue to respect others and their privacy and hope others will do the same for me.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #12

Does anyone ever discuss these issues with the offending individuals, or do they just post questions on a message board about the events? Maybe the hope is that they are reading this post and will learn the ways of the long time campers!

Campers seem to be getting uptight these days.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #13
Happy Keystone Owner

My campsite not my shoes. Packed in kinda tight here in Zion and it is a rental next door. You'd think they would have enough sense to dry their shoes on their door side. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466779596.078862.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	112007
Other than that I can't complain.

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #14
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarr View Post
My campsite not my shoes. Packed in kinda tight here in Zion and it is a rental next door. You'd think they would have enough sense to dry their shoes on their door side. Attachment 112007
Looks like them shoes need to be watered.... that'll learn them!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarr View Post
My campsite not my shoes. Packed in kinda tight here in Zion and it is a rental next door. You'd think they would have enough sense to dry their shoes on their door side. Attachment 112007
Judging by the photo, the curb side of their camper may well be in shade. They certainly could have put them closer to their own RV, though.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #16

Sometimes you just have to tell them, because their parents never taught them how to act when camping. Jake doesn't crap in anyone's site and if he does I pick it up, your dog crap in my site (which doesn't bother me) and you don't pick it up (which does bother me) I'll bring it back to you.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #17
Insert witty title here

It really depends on the situation just how much you want to "poke the bear"

If you are there for just one night, go right head and speak your mind. You'll probably never see them again anyways. If you are going to be there a few days, you may want to pick your battles a bit more carefully.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #18
Mod free 5er

What are they hurting? It's not like you are going to use that space. IMO, making a mountain out of a mole hill. Just a bit "territorial" me thinks.

If it bothered me that much, I would have put them in a bag and pitched them under their trailer.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #19
Happy Keystone Owner

Foreigner's in a rental.
I'll take the shoes over dog crap any day. They just left and left me this beautiful view. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466781041.846343.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	112008

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg