Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #41

Take your pet droppings with you.

A few times campers have picked up what their pet leaves only to have them leave the bag of it at the end of our campsite.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:33 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlreeves View Post
We had someone an an Alabama campground demand that we move our class c, which was there when they arrived, because it created a "vortex" and caused too many leaves to blow into their campsite. We respectfully demurred to acquiesce to their request. NO

Ha ha ha ha !

Old 09-29-2016, 05:38 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachaser186 View Post
Yapper little dogs that bark at everything and constantly.

One of our two little dogs is a yapper. She's the alpha in our house snd she likes to bark at everyone/dogs. On our last camping trip she started that while we were sitting outside. I told her to stop a couple of times, but she still continued, so I put her inside the MH. Time out works well.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:04 AM   #44
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Camping etiquette is a thing long gone with the new younger generation i.e. Millennials
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93 nights, 2017 28 Nights Reserved
Old 09-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Camping etiquette is a thing long gone with the new younger generation i.e. Millennials
Who were their parents that taught them how to camp? My parents were baby boomers and that generation knew how to raise kids and taught their kids how to behave in public.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:02 AM   #46

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
What the heck ... we can lead by setting a good example ...

And have Gobs of Fun while doing it !!!

"For maximum enjoyment, anticipate having a Great Time !!!"

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Old 09-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #47

Serious question....Why do some of you even go camping at a Campground?

There are the obvious gripes, like dogs crapping and it not being picked up, or people wandering through your site, or staying up and being rowdy all night, and I get that.....but golly...I sometime think people will complain just because they have nothing better to do.

Unless you go to an old farty darty RV Resort with snobby rules and new RV minimums, I would venture to say you can expect to see and hear:

Kids playing
People laughing by the REAL fire
Dogs barking
People driving in and out
Golf carts galore
Lights flashing
Horns beeping
Smoke alarms going off
and heaven forbid...Doors slamming!

Do some of those things bother me to? Surely! I know that going in! Sometimes my 1 year old throws a tantrum and screams...Guess what!? IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Sometimes our dog barks at the wind....or rabbits...or other dogs....Guess what?! IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Sometimes my wife slams the door harder than it needs to be done....Guess what?! IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Then again.....it's ALL part of it....I'd venture to say that over the course of this last summer, upwards of 75% of the people we've seen have had a dog...some 2 or 3, and some not very friendly. 75% have screaming, laughing, crying kids....and heck...some people even have multiples of those crazy creatures too!

I used to have a Harley... I was always intimidated by the gruff lookin fellas, but they normally always turned out to be the most welcoming people ever. I have an RV, where I would think most people would be happy and relaxed, yet it seems a lot are some of the grumpiest people in the world. If you want quiet peaceful relaxation....maybe you should have bought a lake house.....

Life is good...Live it!
(2014) Nights Camped - 16 in 6 trips (2015) Nights Camped - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) Nights Camped - 21 in 7 trips
Winter :'(
Old 09-29-2016, 09:33 AM   #48
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
Serious question....Why do some of you even go camping at a Campground?

There are the obvious gripes, like dogs crapping and it not being picked up, or people wandering through your site, or staying up and being rowdy all night, and I get that.....but golly...I sometime think people will complain just because they have nothing better to do.

Unless you go to an old farty darty RV Resort with snobby rules and new RV minimums, I would venture to say you can expect to see and hear:

Kids playing
People laughing by the REAL fire
Dogs barking
People driving in and out
Golf carts galore
Lights flashing
Horns beeping
Smoke alarms going off
and heaven forbid...Doors slamming!

Do some of those things bother me to? Surely! I know that going in! Sometimes my 1 year old throws a tantrum and screams...Guess what!? IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Sometimes our dog barks at the wind....or rabbits...or other dogs....Guess what?! IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Sometimes my wife slams the door harder than it needs to be done....Guess what?! IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Then again.....it's ALL part of it....I'd venture to say that over the course of this last summer, upwards of 75% of the people we've seen have had a dog...some 2 or 3, and some not very friendly. 75% have screaming, laughing, crying kids....and heck...some people even have multiples of those crazy creatures too!

I used to have a Harley... I was always intimidated by the gruff lookin fellas, but they normally always turned out to be the most welcoming people ever. I have an RV, where I would think most people would be happy and relaxed, yet it seems a lot are some of the grumpiest people in the world. If you want quiet peaceful relaxation....maybe you should have bought a lake house.....
Love it!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Old 09-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #49

My gripe: Because we have to work to support our habits we usually arrive after dark. We pull a 37' toy hauler and we unloaded our Harleys (silently without starting them so as not to disturb) and cover them. We always seek a pull through spot but in some state parks it's first come first served and it frosts me to see a tent or a little pop up in the big pull through sites. Come on millenialls have a little consideration. Those little spots are made for you. Leave the pull through some for people who need them
Old 09-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #50

I know this doesn't mean much but DW and I try to make friends at the campground, we had rather make friends than enemies. Like everyone we have things we like and things we dislike but the things we dislike stays in the camper

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Closed Thread

Tags
mpg