Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2016, 08:53 AM   #51
I understand that sometimes you get there late. Do what you must do you can get to bed then do the rest in the morning.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
Old 09-29-2016, 08:55 AM   #52
Keep your Kids Out of my campsite

2004 Cedar Creek 30RLBS
2015 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins
Amateur Radio W5CI
2016 Days Camping 48
Old 09-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #53
The simple answer is....

Don't stay in a paid campground.....

Wally World parking lots may work better.....
Old 09-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #54
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
Serious question....Why do some of you even go camping at a Campground?

There are the obvious gripes, like dogs crapping and it not being picked up, or people wandering through your site, or staying up and being rowdy all night, and I get that.....but golly...I sometime think people will complain just because they have nothing better to do.

Unless you go to an old farty darty RV Resort with snobby rules and new RV minimums, I would venture to say you can expect to see and hear:

Kids playing
People laughing by the REAL fire
Dogs barking
People driving in and out
Golf carts galore
Lights flashing
Horns beeping
Smoke alarms going off
and heaven forbid...Doors slamming!

Do some of those things bother me to? Surely! I know that going in! Sometimes my 1 year old throws a tantrum and screams...Guess what!? IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Sometimes our dog barks at the wind....or rabbits...or other dogs....Guess what?! IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Sometimes my wife slams the door harder than it needs to be done....Guess what?! IT DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!

Then's ALL part of it....I'd venture to say that over the course of this last summer, upwards of 75% of the people we've seen have had a dog...some 2 or 3, and some not very friendly. 75% have screaming, laughing, crying kids....and heck...some people even have multiples of those crazy creatures too!

I used to have a Harley... I was always intimidated by the gruff lookin fellas, but they normally always turned out to be the most welcoming people ever. I have an RV, where I would think most people would be happy and relaxed, yet it seems a lot are some of the grumpiest people in the world. If you want quiet peaceful relaxation....maybe you should have bought a lake house.....

Good Post..

Harley mentioned. The parks we frequent are Provincial Parks. Sites are large and you can not see your neighbours at all. Why is sam scratch does a guy need tp drive his Harley maybe 100 ft to the washroom, then drive it back around the campground too get back to his site above the posted speed limit on gravel roads getting all his chrome dirty. Seems kind of a waste other than making sure everyone knows he has a Harley.
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
Old 09-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #55
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
Keep your Kids Out of my campsite

Get off my lawn!!!
2012 Windjammer 3001W-Florida Permanent site
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB-summer camping and work
2015.5 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ crew cab Z71 4x4
Old 09-29-2016, 09:27 AM   #56
Recently new!
Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138

I was not going to chime in, as like an earlier poster postulated (!), we all do something to annoy another. This should carry a mandatory slap upside the head and civil service minimum! To leave your campfire unattended, or to leave your site when thru, without putting it out!
1987 Starcraft Nova tent trailer, purch. '87, sold 8.14
2013 Crusader 290RLT bought new, 8.14
2001 Ford F-250 7.3
A Loving wife and Mason the always dirty dog!
Old 09-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #57
Site Team
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
This won't end well.

OK, as noted by the tone from many members, this is one of those threads/subjects that gets to be real divisive, real fast.

As Turbs correctly stated, these type threads don't end well, and start more problems than they ever solve on our friendly forums.

It's already turned into a vent thread more than anything....... with members venting about things they personally do not like, which is not really what the OP had intended for it to be. These type threads almost always turn into a vent thread, as this one has.

For the sake of forum harmony, and before some real hard feelings get started, the site team is going to close it down so all of us can remain friends.

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I used to be addicted to time travel, but that's all in the past now.
Closed Thread